Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
However,
Avoid exceeding the 7500 mile interval during the powertrain warranty period, regardless of what analysis results are.

Otherwise you give Chevy a way to deny a claim. (considered lack of maintenence)

I only mention this because I don't see your current mileage anywhere.

Rob

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
Current mileage is 37,500 and doing some research the do test for , tbn and tan not sure its not listed. if oil analysis is done and there are records how can they say its lack of maintenance. If using a high quality oil there should be no worries. I know this is a different beast than my 7.3l Powerstroke but been sampling oil for 7 years now at 10000 to 12000 mile oil changes with no problems.
They can say it because the owners manual states every 7500 miles or yearly, whichever comes first.
And, if you have a oil related failure, Chevrolet has every right to deny coverage if the minumum requirement hasn't been met.

I'm not Chevrolet, but I do know warranty provisions.

We've got another thread going on right now where a poster has no proof of timely oil service and was using Amsoil......Currently he is being hung out to dry.

Most of us are waiting for the rest of the story......not looking too good at this moment.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.