Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did the dreaded oil cooler gasket replacement on my 2012 Cruze LT. 123,000 miles by the way. I have a clip left over. I don’t think it’s too important and don’t want to tear down again. I realize it’s a shot in the dark anyone maybe recognize it and where it might go? Thanks in advance
A30BB864-FD82-4604-AC6A-C022C30E97AB.jpeg

·
Registered
247 Posts
Considering that looks to be retaining clip for some type of hose. My guess is you will soon find out where it was supposed to go. Something will start leaking or blow off.

It's possible it is a retaining clip for an electrical harness as well. Guess drive it and see what happens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that clip could be for the sensor that is on the turbo housing itself. close to where the intake tube connects with the waste gate and blow off / re circulation valve. i had one on mine when i did the turbo swap this past week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think you’re right. If I remember it has a clip as well. So hopefully it won’t cause something to blow out. I’m throwing a wastegate solenoid code. Which I ordered. When I go do that then I’ll double check. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m new to this site and was wondering if you could supply with the tool list to complete this job? I too will have to replace oil cooler gaskets. Any help would really be appreciated!
Thank in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the slow response. I did see a list somewhere on here. I couldn’t find it again. Mine turned out a little different. I will suggest a 1/4” ratchet with extension for the bottom header bolts. If you do it w/o breaking return tube on bottom then you’ll be my hero.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,028 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts