Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Cruze on auction (2010; 2.0 CDR 110kW)
When i got a car and make a short test drive and coming back to garage then it was smoke from exhaust pipe and also oil coming out from pipe.
First thought was that turbocharger is dead.
Then i disassembled exhaust pipe up to first catalyst add oil to needed level, started engine 5+ min (4-5k rpm) working - no oil coming out.
Any ideas how to check/define where problem is?

· Premium Member
14 Diesel Cruze, ‘14 volt, ‘72 442
479 Posts
Might be a pcv issue if the turbo is fine. Not sure how the setup is on a ‘10. I’d do a compression test first to see what kind of blowby is going on. Try taking off the outlet pipe at the intercooler and see if there is oil there. Also check and see if there is oil at the inlet of the turbo. 2 spots that I’ve seen with my CTD

Any idea how long it was sitting before you bought it at auction?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be a pcv issue if the turbo is fine. Not sure how the setup is on a ‘10. I’d do a compression test first to see what kind of blowby is going on. Try taking off the outlet pipe at the intercooler and see if there is oil there. Also check and see if there is oil at the inlet of the turbo. 2 spots that I’ve seen with my CTD

Any idea how long it was sitting before you bought it at auction?
Hi, thank you for the answer. There will be time in the next few days, I will test

What means pcv?

Couple month for sure, maybe more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.