Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently removed the intake plumbing at the throttle body to get a better look at a phantom coolant leak and I noticed a considerable amount of oil in the plumbing and the throttle body. Do you guys have any idea what it is? My first thought was that the turbo shaft seal was failing and leaking oil. Btw I have a 2011 eco MT.

·
Administrator
15,757 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same problem I had to replace the pvc valve and the intake manifold. Now I did find a lot of oil in the intake plumbing. I also found oil in the pvc valve pipe tube with that there is a decent about of dried oil in the turbo. Do you guys have any idea what the best way to clean that?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
I just had the same problem I had to replace the pvc valve and the intake manifold. Now I did find a lot of oil in the intake plumbing. I also found oil in the pvc valve pipe tube with that there is a decent about of dried oil in the turbo. Do you guys have any idea what the best way to clean that?
Just ignore what you can't wipe out with a rag. You can run sudsy water through the intercooler, but it means a lot of disconnecting things.

In a turbocharged car, there will always be a small amount of oil pushed through the turbo/intake plumbing...it's just pushed through the turbo seals or PCV system and then burned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts