Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my Turbo in my 2015 Cruze. On my way to work this morning I got the “Oil Pressure low shut off engine” light. I pulled over to check my oil and there is oil everywhere and nothing on the dipstick. When I replaced the turbo I also changed my oil and oil filter. I attached some pictures. I’m so tired of this **** car and was just wondering if anyone knows what the issue could be. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this much oil come out of a vehicle. Figured I’d get some ideas while I’m waiting to get it home😑 Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
This is the first time I can think of anything like that happening.

Wild guess: there's a section of plastic hose for the turbo's oil return. Some members have reported it melting when the turbo goes out. (Likely from exhaust gas from the damaged turbo.) So, I'm thinking that pipe got damaged either from the old turbo or in the process of replacing it. If I'm right, crawl under and look up. See if that's the problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
Once you are at your garage, clean off all the oil with brake clean and look to see if any is still leaking anywhere. If not ad some oil and start the engine and look for an active leak. Get some better lighting and take some more pictures with a bit more variety in the angles. Post what you find here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts