Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a big T55 plug/drain of some sort to the left (passenger side) of the oil drain tube on the front of the engine. I have a very slow oil leak coming from this plug, and before I pull it I'd like to know what exactly it's for and part of. There are no connectors, it's just a plug. My service manual mentions nothing about this plug so I'm kind of stumped, short of pulling it to find oil or coolant come out. It's above the oil pan, but not by much. Ideas?

·
Registered
187 Posts
There is a big T55 plug/drain of some sort to the left (passenger side) of the oil drain tube on the front of the engine. I have a very slow oil leak coming from this plug, and before I pull it I'd like to know what exactly it's for and part of. There are no connectors, it's just a plug. My service manual mentions nothing about this plug so I'm kind of stumped, short of pulling it to find oil or coolant come out. It's above the oil pan, but not by much. Ideas?
That is a plug that allows access to install a crank tdc holding tool when working on timing system.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oil will only come out when running and if loose. Nothing will come out when car is off. Pull off and install another aluminum washer gasket or just coat gasket and bolt head and threads with rtv and reinstall tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts