Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an oil leak which seems to be right below the oil filter housing. Wondering if it is the housing or is there another likely source, tough to see with so much in the way but looks like it is between the housing and engine block.

Amy I seeing the right thing here? DIY to replace?

It is flowing for sure too, not just a little drip.

Appreciate any feedback.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
I would suspect the oil line for the turbo. There's a set of instructions on the forum about how to change it for an improved (insulated) line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see it leaking from the line itself, guess I'll have to dig a little deeper. Looks to be coming from the plate between the housing and block but I'll check again today.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will second the oil feed line for the turbo. Even if that isn't the full leak, getting that changed is a good idea. The updated line has heat wrap around it so the oil doesn't bake inside the tube, restricting oil flow, starving the turbo of oil.... then boom...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed an oil leak which seems to be right below the oil filter housing. Wondering if it is the housing or is there another likely source, tough to see with so much in the way but looks like it is between the housing and engine block.

Amy I seeing the right thing here? DIY to replace?

It is flowing for sure too, not just a little drip.

Appreciate any feedback.
View attachment 284248 View attachment 284249
Could be the oil cooler seals mines doing this right now and get a strong burning oil smell too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I replaced the feed line with the updated design and that seems to have solved the oil leak.

i am also looking for a vacuum leak and noticed that it is sucking a lot of air from what looks to be the PCV on the valve cover.

is it normal to suck so much air in this?

see pic. I see a cent hole but not sure it should be sucking so much air inward.

Can anyone confirm?

thanks again, appreciate the advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That explains it then. Sucking in large amounts of air for sure. Why tge intake manifold though? I checked everywhere else on the intake, tb and lines and see no other leaks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That explains it then. Sucking in large amounts of air for sure. Why tge intake manifold though? I checked everywhere else on the intake, tb and lines and see no other leaks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts