Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruze is leaking oil in the area below the oil filter housing. I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

The oil filter cap is tight and not leaking. The car is outside the power train warranty. The bolts in that area are tight.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,123 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 cruze LT with a leaking oil housing that also requires removing and replacing the oil pan and costs associated.
I have noticeable stains on my driveway. Im not noticing a change in oil pressure/level however.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I have a 2011 cruze LT with a leaking oil housing that also requires removing and replacing the oil pan and costs associated.
I have noticeable stains on my driveway. Im not noticing a change in oil pressure/level however.
I'd check the manifold check valve for the PCV. When that goes, the engine starts leaking oil at it's seams. You may be treating the symptoms and not the disease.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-g...4-pcv-valve-cover-intake-manifold-issues.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Previous service records indicate that the oil pan needed to be removed and resealed previously. It's my understanding the oil filter housing has to be removed to do that and I now am faced with he same repair. Seems I've inherited an issue that's common to this year. I would be interested in hearing from anyone else if they've contacted GM about this not that it would do any good however it would be nice to know what they have to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check pcv system. Tons of info online about that faulty system on Cruze. It may not be relieving crankcase pressure. Also, I have had to replace oil cooler (which is also where your oil filter is housed) because owner before me put wrong type of coolant in reservoir so make sure you are using recommended coolant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts