Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, finally had some time to go over the lil 1.4 engine bay planning for a big turbo upgrade in the summer and came across this little leak. Car has been well maintained im the original owner from 2011 and never been winter driven, just parked in a garage over winter months. Car just hit 40,000 Km on her and not too sure what this hose is from / doing . I can take better pictures if needed and if anyone would know which part # it is would be greatly appreciated. Only engine code I’ve ever had on car was a P0036 and that’s O2 sensor just thought I’d throw that in there. To the technical guys could this just be a fluke with coupling or hose? What could’ve caused this to happen ? Thanks for your time!

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Vehicle Auto part

Automotive tire Gas Tints and shades Auto part Metal

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100% I will, for now the car is just sitting but will be taking a better look in the summer, I have a trusted GM Master tech only mechanic I trust with all my Chevs and he will 100% be inspecting and replacing that hose just wanted to see how many other cars had this same issue, my first time seeing it and I know my engine is dirty as hell in the pics its usually ALWAYS very clean just been real busy with life, you know the deal haha

Do let me know what the issue is if you find it. That same hose on my car is completely covered and crusted black and I'd love to know how it happened.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those are transmission cooler lines. Seems to be a common failure on the Cruze.
Unfortunately, the repair is both tedious if done by yourself or expensive if done by a mechanic. I had mine done by mechanic and it was $800 Cdn all in.

Below is a video showing the same failure as you have and the repair.

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG haha, I love that guys Cruze videos best and easiest to understand can’t believe I missed his thank you for this , and thanks for the bad news lol wasn’t expecting this first thing in the morning haha, I’ll have my mechanic take a look at the cooler lines

·
Registered
851 Posts
I almost outright refuse to take a car back to the dealer for repairs as their price tends to be high. Warranty and recall work is about all I have them do. I have had much better service and pricing from independent shops. I have a shop in town to me that I pretty much exclusively use. Great group of guys that acknowledges me and my concerns. I do most of my own work and take it to them when its beyond my time and skills. They understand me when I drop the car off and I understand and trust their work.

I find that the advantage of a trusted indie shop is a lower overhead price and better techs. At a GM dealer they might be well versed in all things Chevy but that is it. The indie shop is well versed in all makes and models and have seen common problems and fixes across many platforms

·
Registered
28 Posts
I almost outright refuse to take a car back to the dealer for repairs as their price tends to be high. Warranty and recall work is about all I have them do. I have had much better service and pricing from independent shops. I have a shop in town to me that I pretty much exclusively use. Great group of guys that acknowledges me and my concerns. I do most of my own work and take it to them when its beyond my time and skills. They understand me when I drop the car off and I understand and trust their work.

I find that the advantage of a trusted indie shop is a lower overhead price and better techs. At a GM dealer they might be well versed in all things Chevy but that is it. The indie shop is well versed in all makes and models and have seen common problems and fixes across many platforms

The price from my dealer was $1280 CDN!! I took it to my mechanic that I trust. The reality is that this job is labor intensive. I think I was charged 4.5 hrs labour (at $105/hr) plus materials (hoses, fluids, etc) then our goofy 13% HST tax in Ontario, Canada.
I personally do not think 4.5 hrs of labor was excessive from start to finish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts