Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I drive a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco. I got an oil change and as I drove back home and pulled into my garage, I noticed smoke coming from under the hood. The oil change people mentioned the gasket looks a bit off like it could be leaking oil and to get it checked out. It looks like there is oil along the side of the engine. I can supply pictures if needed. I'm really hoping they just overfilled the oil and its leaking out, as I know gasket repairs are easily $1000 and up. Can't really afford this as a student right now...

Any way I can try to troubleshoot if it's the gasket or not? I might get the car towed to a mechanic by Geico. The Chevy dealership said they charge $115 just for a diagnosis, which I'd prefer not to pay upfront.

Help would be much appreciated! Let me know if I should drops some pictures in here.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd clean it off and keep an eye on the oil level. If it doesn't come back and the oil level doesn't drop, you're good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree clean the engine and re-check. This will determine the exact locaton or if someone just missed the oil fill hole. It also might be someting simple like a hose connection. / check the PCV system.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Do check that the oil cap is seated properly as well as the dipstick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts