Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cyber Gray LTZ RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leak appears to be coming from either the pan gasket or the plug above the gasket. Has anyone seen this oil leak before? What is the name of the torx silver plug? I've looked at diagrams and parts everywhere and can't seem to find what this plug is called or used for.

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
746 Posts
my bet is actually the crank seal.. you can see it wraps around that side of the motor.. and id bet if you look at the frame rail up there and behind the motor you see oil marks

Reactions: AutumnCruzeRS

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Look around crank and side of engine. Let us know what you find. You can always see if you can snug up the pan bolts.

·
Registered
2013 Cyber Gray LTZ RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check the PCV lines to see if there are any problems there to cause the seal to go. I will also try and take a look around the balancer, but it might be a while. It's a slow leak so i'm not in the biggest rush to diagnose.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,593 Posts
The leak appears to be coming from either the pan gasket or the plug above the gasket. Has anyone seen this oil leak before? What is the name of the torx silver plug? I've looked at diagrams and parts everywhere and can't seem to find what this plug is called or used for.

View attachment 292748 View attachment 292749
Spray the area down with brake cleaner, wipe it off and then periodically look to see where the seepage is.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,478 Posts
What’d ya find out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts