Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that the oil life monitor in my 2011 Cruze started reducing the mileage between recommended oil changes. Up till recently, it used to show 50% oil life remaining after 9,000km but right after it hit 250k it started showing 50% at only 6,000km (I've always changed it at 50%). My driving habits haven't changed nor has my route or location since I purchased the car. There's always been a bit of seasonal fluctuation but never like this. Does anyone know if the interval is automatically reduced at 250k because of the higher mileage or could it be trying to tell me something?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Did you ever get the car into the dealer for re-programming? Perhaps the emissions recall? I think Chevy decided the original OLM was a bit too optimistic and changed the programming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah you're right. The engine module was reprogrammed for a recall at 252k. That's got to be it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
By the way, you might want to shoot the admins a photo of your odometer. 250K should be good for something - even if it is km and not miles.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
For the first time I had my oil changed at the dealer when my tranny was replaced at 70 K. I normally change @ 5-6K regardless of OLM so it has never seen 0. Dealer has an interval reminder sticker just about the same as what I normally do don't really care about OLM reading but I reset it after done changing myself.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I noticed this with mine as well, before the recall my car wanted to go 11-12K miles per oil change, afterward about 7500 miles max. My 2015 Sonic also only goes to about 7500 miles.

·
10,712 Posts
35% was the "norm" for the OLM after the emissions recall. Most dealers would charge you if you had free changes and came in too soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts