Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone can help with the oil life reset on a chevrolet cruze 1.7 Diesel 130CV year 2013 doesn't have the option on the DIC.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Have you got 2 sets of windows in your DIC? Pushing the menu button should give you a second set of windows, all you have to do is find the oil life remaining, then push and hold the reset button in the end of the indicator until it shows 100%.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Worked for my wife, was trying to put our Cruze in cruise, pushed that side button to switch windows, then the end button that happened to reset the oil remaining life.

Had to have my brain reflashed after driving GM vehicles for 42 years pushing that directional end button to set the cruise. DIC is not new, my 92 DeVille had that, but on the far left side of the dash with three push buttons. To reset the oil remaining, was something like holding down two while pushing the third three times within a second. Could never remember that between oil changes, so had to read the owners manual.

Could have left the Cruze the same with cruise controls on the directional signal level, and put those two buttons someplace else. Took more retraining not to hit that cruise on-off button located on the steering wheel. Bump that, and the engine would slow way down, just like if you had a loose ignition switch.

Again all this is determined by marketing. One thing about marketing, would take 2-3 lunch hours and get plastered, also came in late, but made up for it by leaving early. This was good for engineering, because we could get some work done. Didn't have to put up with these idiots. GM was far better when it was ran by engineers. Also just saying, don't blame the engineers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts