Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Cruze lovers
First of im new to the forum and my english is not the best.

So i found my sparkplugs folled whit oil dealer says pas every 1000 km to check for oil consumption ?!!!

What do you guys tink ?!!!

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Question here is how much oil and where is the oil coming from?
Do you have blue smoke out of the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
See if you can find a different dealer. The Cruze doesn't consume oil unless there's a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hy TD CRUZE so i wanted to gap the sparkplugs and when removing the coils the was oil everywhere on the spark plug and on the coils
cant see any blue smoke or anything like that car runs fine

im running 94 octane all stock except all free mods ( intake resonater removal etc)
car is a cruze eco
they told me to pass evey 1000 km to check for oil consumption

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
So the oil is on the outside of the plugs? Not on the electrode?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i used to work for this dealer asked one of the mecanics and he told me its oil

i have a feeling its the pcv system

from what i see there is no gasket between the spark plugs and the valve cover em i right ?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am thinking that either the plugs were not properly tightened and had a bit of blow by, or oil was spilled on top.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I've had oil spilled on the top of the engine and it will seep down past the cover.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am thinking that oil was spilled on top.
*edit* I guess you did say that there was no oil on the plug threads.

Best way to tell if its a leak or a spillage is to clean it up real good and drive it for a day and check again. If its still clean then it was likely a spill and not a leak. If its wet again, then time to check gaskets and/or tighten some bolts.

Reactions: obermd

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Reading about valve cover problems with the 1.4L engine, grabbed my torque wrench on mine and found all 18 bolts were loose! Maybe I should check these again. My 88 Supra has a problem with exhaust manifold bolts coming loose. Typically when I try to remove an exhaust manifold, break at least a couple of bolts. Just the opposite with this thing.

Really cuss when they use a cold rolled steel bolt in aluminum, when trying to remove these if they don't break off first, the aluminum threads come out with it. So why are these valve cover steel bolts in aluminum coming loose? Beats the heck out of me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update :

I Have to take it to the dealer in 3000 miles i lost allmost all of my oil im seeing blue smoke everytime i boost.

I Have a feeling its the valve cover , can it be someting else im using 91 to 94 octane and sometimes im feeling like the car takes longer to boost.
Can it be a crack piston ?

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Quick update :

I Have to take it to the dealer in 3000 miles i lost allmost all of my oil im seeing blue smoke everytime i boost.

I Have a feeling its the valve cover , can it be someting else im using 91 to 94 octane and sometimes im feeling like the car takes longer to boost.
Can it be a crack piston ?
Well that's probably a possibility now that the problem wasn't resolved and you drive the car daily.. You need to find a different dealership

Reactions: obermd

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Since I do a lot of highway driving can put 8,000 miles on my Cruze with sill 20% oil life remaining. And the dipstick is still at the full level. Just saying this is the way it should be.

If you are pumping oil into the combustion chamber, you have to be getting misfires, and is it on all four cylinders or just one or two? A compression test would verify this. Was you Cruze always this way since day one? For all I know they forgot to install the oil rings on the pistons.

Any mechanic worth his salt should find out the problem in minutes with oil consumption, sure sounds like you are getting the runaround.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.