Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had it into the Chevy dealer today & they determined the problem to be an incorrectly installed aftermarket oil filter. I have serious questions about that diagnosis so I thought I'd bounce it off any of you who are more knowledgeable than I. We had our oil change done on 05Nov2013 at a local non-dealer garage that we've been using for years. We have the utmost faith in their knowledge of cars & integrity in their business practices. We had no problems with this issue after the oil change. Then on 20Nov2013, we had the Cruze into the same Chevy dealer for a recall to replace the brake vacuum micro switch. It was only a day or so after the recall work that we started having the problem with the "Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine" indicator coming on intermittently. So call me crazy, but I don't think it's a stretch to think that something happened during the recall work that resulted in the "Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine" indicator coming on. Does anyone know where this brake vacuum micro switch is located in relation to the oil filter? Could the oil filter have been banged during the recall work & created this problem? I guess we'll find out for sure in the next week if the problem is resolved. We spoke with our local garage who did the oil change & they laughed at the dealer's diagnosis saying that it isn't rocket science attaching an oil filter & it's a convenient excuse for the dealer to make when the problem first started after they performed recall work on our Cruze. It burns my ass paying out of pocket for what I suspect is a screw up on the dealer's part.
What did this cost to get fixed? This just happened to our right after having in the garage.

Threads merged:

Any update on what was found? We are dealing with this as well.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,197 Posts
What did this cost to get fixed? This just happened to our right after having in the garage.

Threads merged:

Any update on what was found? We are dealing with this as well.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

You would be better off creating your own thread and if you want, you can refer to this one if needed. The OP has not been online here since 2013.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I just recently started seeing this messageappearing on my information centre.

Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine

Both times, the car was stopped briefly (filling up withgas) & then restarted. The message came on after start up and lastedapprox. 7-10 seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

The car is a 2012 LTZ with approx. 25000kms on it.
My wifes car did that right after I changed the oil i bought a new oil sending unit didn't fix it so last resort changed the oil filter come to find out was a bad oil filter hope thus helps

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've read here that the 2nd gen (not sure about 1st gen) needs a special high pressure and/or high flow capable oil filter. The normal spin-on types that will also fit will open the bypass at too low a pressure. Dealer techs have (often?) installed the wrong ones. A stuck-shut bypass on a normal filter might cause low oil pressures on these high-flow high-pressure pumps/engines. I'm just speculating and guessing, based on what I've casually read here.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts