Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Oil pressure solenoid stuck on code

10K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jacquelineaker10 
#1 ·
I have a 2017 Cruze lt rs with the code that is saying oil pressure solenoid stuck on and while trying to start it at the same time you can hear a clicking noise in the engine department and it smells like wires are burning any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
This happened to me a while ago. I was sitting at a light and my car went into limp mode saying engine power reduced dropped it off at the dealer and it was the solenoid stuck open took them over a week to fix it and didn’t even give me a car for the time being. My dealer absolutely sucks

#4 ·
I have a 2018 Hatchback that had this issue. I took it in to the dealer and they ended up changing it out in a couple days because they didn't have the part. Just a solenoid that went bad.

#6 ·
I have this same issue 2018 Cruze hatch LT so bought the part and cannot find where it is on the engine. What did the dealer charge you ? I am waiting for them to call me with a quote. Thx.
Luckily for me, mine was covered under warranty so I'm not sure what it would have cost. I wish I had more info to offer on that front for you.

#7 ·
Luckily for me, mine was covered under warranty so I'm not sure what it would have cost. I wish I had more info to offer on that front for you.
Thanks :) he dealership just called and its actually on the right hand side of the engine, behind the starter motor, so mystery solved. they are also going to call back with a quote :)
This is a great forum though

#8 ·
Glad to hear they were able to get you that info. Good to know!

#9 ·
I just paid $890 at the Chevrolet dealer. I was losing power just 2 months ago and now it's doing the same thing cutting off.jumping when I stop. Now they say it's the oil pressure solenoid sensor stuck on. They had to know that kept my car 2 days. Charge me for cv driver seat off track tune oil change etc. It was nothin wrong with my seats. I don't have more money to give them what can I do. Or where can go go and not get robbed . Warranty out. Still making payments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.