Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 1.4l turbo total loss of oil pressure. I’m ripping into this thing until I find the problem. Display flashes loss of oil pressure turn off engine. Examine and replaced oil and filter. Ran for a short time no change removed filter no oil on filter. Tonight we are removing the front of the engine (oil pump)
Any words of wisdom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2013 1.4l turbo total loss of oil pressure. I’m ripping into this thing until I find the problem. Display flashes loss of oil pressure turn off engine. Examine and replaced oil and filter. Ran for a short time no change removed filter no oil on filter. Tonight we are removing the front of the engine (oil pump)
Any words of wisdom.
I am doing this now on a 2014. How did it go and What was the outcome

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am doing this now on a 2014. How did it go and What was the outcome
Sorry I’ve been on vacation the last week and out of phone service.
Get keep in mind if u have a first generation engine and you buy a second generation timing chain cover you must buy a second generation harmonic balancer. Install the balance turn it slowly and it will drop in the oil pump cam then line up the hole in the balancer when it was removed and it should drop on the crank shaft.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Was the pump bad?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys have always sent me down the right path. So if you have followed my post you see this car lost oil pressure and we resolved that by replacing the oil pump. But we continue to have performance problems. The car doesn’t have to zip it had and when e push it above 55-60 the dashboard lights up “ low engine power”
It there a way we can check the turbo charger. I’m assuming we damaged the turbo charger due to the lack of oil pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You guys have always sent me down the right path. So if you have followed my post you see this car lost oil pressure and we resolved that by replacing the oil pump. But we continue to have performance problems. The car doesn’t have to zip it had and when e push it above 55-60 the dashboard lights up “ low engine power”
It there a way we can check the turbo charger. I’m assuming we damaged the turbo charger due to the lack of oil pressure.
Check to make sure the clip is not broken on the waste gate. It connects under the heat shield by the manifold. I had the same issue after doing my oil pump and that was the issue

·
Registered
648 Posts
You can take off the downpipe and make sure the center section spins freely, it should also have very little side to side movement.

You can check the waste gate at this time and make sure the clip is there and that it seats when closed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check to make sure the clip is not broken on the waste gate. It connects under the heat shield by the manifold. I had the same issue after doing my oil pump and that was the issue
Well I have some time to get back on this car. I checked the clip on the waste gate good and in place. Removed the turbo and everything looks good. Spins nice a free, no play in the bearing. Reinstalling in car. Any ideas? Runs good around town. Poor high speed performance. After replacing oil pump, water pump, timing chain cover assembly.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Did you remove the timing chain at all when fixing the pump? 1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes but I marked the chain at three spots
Crank and both cams, I believe I have that right. Is there a way it check timing?
Would harmonic balancer cause my problem if I was 180 degrees off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m having the same problem on my 2011 RS was it the oil pump ? I immediately drove to my mechanic which was about 2 miles from me when the lights and sensor popped up on my dash he changed the oil sensor and did an oil change and filter as well he put a gauge to check the oil pressure and it was normal the beeping even stopped while they checked it so they think it might be something electrical ? I’m having my oil pump checked as a last resort

·
Registered
648 Posts
If the oil pressure is fine, the pump is fine.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,409 Posts
I’m having the same problem on my 2011 RS was it the oil pump ? I immediately drove to my mechanic which was about 2 miles from me when the lights and sensor popped up on my dash he changed the oil sensor and did an oil change and filter as well he put a gauge to check the oil pressure and it was normal the beeping even stopped while they checked it so they think it might be something electrical ? I’m having my oil pump checked as a last resort
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts