Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 2014 with 26,000 on it. It is with the 1.4 turbo. I notice a smell of oil after it is sitting in the garage...usually after the engine has cooled a little. I do not see any oil leaks. Does it have something to do with the turbo?

I checked the oil level. It looks fine. And Chevy changed the oil 1000 miles ago. So no spilt oil causing this.

Anybody else with this?

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I also smell the heat of the engine and hot oil when my car is in my garage cooling off after a long days drive. I would stay its normal unless of course you smell this oil while driving.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I've a 2014 with 26,000 on it. It is with the 1.4 turbo. I notice a smell of oil after it is sitting in the garage...usually after the engine has cooled a little. I do not see any oil leaks. Does it have something to do with the turbo?

I checked the oil level. It looks fine. And Chevy changed the oil 1000 miles ago. So no spilt oil causing this.

Anybody else with this?
Hi Hazlitt777,

If you need to bring this to the dealership's attention and need extra assistance, please let me know! I would be more than happy to look into this further and document on your behalf. Feel free to send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts