Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are any Cruze 2012 owners out there using On Star I have a question. I have had a diagnostic run twice by call center but if I log into my web or On Star app it states it was not able run a complete diagnostic.

I know in the Vibe that was a problem but I fugured a 2012 total Chevy brand would not have that problem. Does anyone know or have you been able to get a "complete" on a 2012 Cruze or do I have some connection lose or missing that would be preventing the "complete" run.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purchased on Wed... Status shows: Diagnostic: Complete. No action needed.
Mike, is that what it shows on the On Star website? I assume that is what you meant but wanted to ask for clarification. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well website still doesn't show a full diagnostic but the funny thing is my ipod touch On Star app does "go figure".

Website does not show fuel, mpg, oil life, etc. but the app does. I guess I will let it stew a while, a month or so, since one does and the other doesn't. Could be as simple as the On Star website having never synced with the car where the app (which communicates directly to the car "my guess") has?

I had to touch base with the dealer to bring in some headrests that went with the Vibe I traded and he stated that the website only updates once a month from his knowledge.

Why Mike would have an update on the website on a car only a few days old and I would not is still a mystery. I do live in an On Star dead zone so if they update at night for the website that could explain. You would think though if I had On Star do an update on request that at some point it might be uploaded to the website?

Resolved for now

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
How far do you drive the car at a time? Some of the tests require the car to run long enough to go through them all. It's worth asking the dealer but you may havenot completed a whole cycle yet

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How far do you drive the car at a time? Some of the tests require the car to run long enough to go through them all. It's worth asking the dealer but you may havenot completed a whole cycle yet
NBrehm, I drive 90 RT each day. I have had the On Star helpdesk run 2 diagnostics while I am driving to work. Like I said the strange thing is the app will show the mileage, fuel, oil life. The On Star website doesn't and in red it has "Unable to run complete diagnostic" I would have probably never seen it but I got an email to update my profile and in doing that I checked. It will be interesting what is in the letter they send out once a month. If it states it is incomplete I will follow up with them as to the reason why and ask to speak with a manager.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The app was working all along. The On Star website as indicated by by dealer did an update on 8/15 (got a diagnostic email). After that all diagnostic info is on the website also up to date. So I guess the sync directly to the car from the app is accurate from the beginning. The website is only accurate after it does it's own check of the car.

I guess some people get a car update much sooner than I did. Maybe the dealer does something that mine did not to cause a sooner website sync.

Bottom line all is well and system working as designed.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
I have had my 2012 Cruze for 8 days now. OnStar was activated and the Cruze added to my account which has our 2010 Equinox on it the night I picked it up.
Logging onto OnStar website still shows no complete diagnostic...but the
OnStar App on my HTC Thunderbolt shows all updated...I'm just waiting to see what happens...don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had my 2012 Cruze for 8 days now. OnStar was activated and the Cruze added to my account which has our 2010 Equinox on it the night I picked it up.
Logging onto OnStar website still shows no complete diagnostic...but the
OnStar App on my HTC Thunderbolt shows all updated...I'm just waiting to see what happens...don't know what else to do.
I would not sweat it. Mine would show fine on the ipod touch app but not on the website account that still had my Vibe. I added my Cruze, basically as you did, to your Equinox account.
I bought the car on July 27th I believe and signed up for the monthly diagnostic email from On Star. I got my email on 8/15 and checked the website and it was updated also.
I had tried having the On Star rep do a diagnostic but that info never updated the website.
Maybe it has something to do with adding a new vehicle to an existing web account??
Anyway when you get the diagnostic email I bet the site will update also.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
The onstar website is garbage, it random stops working and does funky things. Try to use the monthly emails or call in if you need anything. They've locked me out of my online account twice, and although I haven't had onstar since April, I can see use the app to remote start/unlock my car, without a current subscripion

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The onstar website is garbage, it random stops working and does funky things. Try to use the monthly emails or call in if you need anything. They've locked me out of my online account twice, and although I haven't had onstar since April, I can see use the app to remote start/unlock my car, without a current subscripion
Shawn, I believe you left this same (identical) comment earlier in this thread. Although the website could definitely use improvement (no argument there) I have never had a problem getting logged in unless I mistakenly used the wrong credentials to do so. I have two On Star web accounts and have made a login error on my part but that would be all on me.
Also it is great to know that the app will work without and active On Star account for remote start and unlock. That is huge and thanks for letting us know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts