Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
That sucks however I don't think recalls are a negative
Agreed. I'd like to know how many times the car went into for problems she experienced.

"Champagne said she has been scarred by her experience and warns other people to do their research before they buy a new vehicle."
You can start by thinking twice about a first-year model/generation until a pattern is established. 4 1/2 years looks like it translates to Dec 2010. So she could have hit every problem known to Cruze.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
After 4.5 years of use and she wants someone to GIVE her a replacement? I wouldn't recommend trying to hold her breath. She should sell it and buy another car, whatever kind she wants. It it was 6 months...or a year, heck the original warranty has already run out on a lot of stuff.

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
The 2011s did have a lot of problems and it sounds like she has the negative battery cable issue as well. It would be interesting to know what her car's actual problems have been.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2011 since new and so far had one warranty issue (trunk release relay). A few recalls to date. I am so far very pleased with my 2011, 1.4 Cruze. I know by the manufacturer date, it was assembled near the end of the 2011 production.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, read Consumers Report for great information. Like finding a loose screw in a door panel or low pressure in a tire.

But the automotive industry sure got around this by eliminating the door screws and forcing us to pay for TPMS.

Car and Driver is good for 0-60, quarter mile, and top speed times, like we are buying vehicles for the drag strip. Motor Trend car of the year depends on which automotive maker pays for the most ads.

Rest of us have to learn the hard way.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
They said she had a loan for 34k? She must have had really good credit to roll over 10k of neg equity to fund her. I personally agree to wait 2 years before purchasing a new model. Hence why I have a 13 Cruze.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Had to be INCLUDING interest PLUS the cost of the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
35k sounds about right a cruze ltz runs around 30k in Canada with taxes then what ever financing costs she had on top of that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She perhaps got the LTZ with all the options. I paid $21,500 Canadian including all taxes in 2011 for my LT. Yes, Americans do pay less.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts