Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We communicated previously on this forum about the multiple concerns/mechanical problems with my 2011 Cruze. I purchased this car new from Emich Cheverolet in Denver, Colorado. I moved to Colorado from Detroit for my first job and this was my first experience buying a car. Growing up in the motor city Chevy was an obvious choice. Multiple members of my family work for American car companies and my family has always purchased GMC vehicles. Unfortunately, over the last 1.5 years problems my Cruze have persisted.

The vehicle broke down and required a 4th water pump repair this winter - it appears to be an annually occurring breakdown (basically every winter the water pump has gone out for the last 4 years). When this happens my car overheats without warning and breaks down on the side of the road.

In addition, the car has required:
a throttle replacement,
new brakes,
two expansion tank hose replacements,
a water distribution pipe replacement,

and now it also needs a valve cover due to an air leak.

The PCP hose, water distribution pipe and valve cover have all broke down in the last month - none of which have been covered under warranty or by the extended water pump warranty. My "check engine" light has continued to come on and off all summer despite having a "multi point inspection" completed at 3 times at two different Colorado Chevy dealerships AND after receiving additional diagnostics from another shop.

This Cruze has previously had recalls for power steering and this summer also required maintenance for an Engine Module System recall - the engine light still comes on and off apparently now due to the air leak in the valve cover.

I am posting because I want to sell this car as soon as possible. I don't feel safe driving it any longer. It has had too many problems over the 5 years I've owned it and continues to require frequent service for these abnormal, excessive mechanical problems - which has become an inconvenience to both my personal and professional life.

I don't ethically feel that I can sell this car as a private party owner because it has had so many problems. It really is not safe to take on long trips or even to commute to work in a busy city. I wouldn't want someone else to have to deal with what I've had to with this car.
Therefore, selling the car back to Chevrolet is most appropriate. You'll be able to use the parts or perhaps invest in lasting service solutions to all of these problems so that it can be sold to another driver in good conscience.

If you are interested in purchasing my 2011 Cruze please contact me via email. Sadly, I am not interested in a trade in for another Chevy --only interested in selling it.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
How many miles does your vehicle have?

has your vehicle ever been in a collision?

how often has your oil and filter been changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Just hit 80,000
2. It was hit while parked by a drunk driver and repaired (body work only)
3. Yes, all regular and recommended maintenance

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 13 Cruze has been repaired several times for coolant leaks. Now my ac compressor failed. Lemon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts