Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Only front treble speakers playing high frequencies and front door mid speakers playing quietly some freqs but not low freqs.

897 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
Hey. I'm having an issue with my 2010 Cruze audio system, it's not the pioneer hifi system. In front, the treble speakers are playing high frequencies as they should, I suppose, but the mid speakers at the front doors are playing quietly some frequencies but not low frequencies. They're not completely silent. There's literally no bass, even if I put +12 bass on the car radio. Mid speakers on the rear doors are completely silent, it might be because of the wiring, I'll check that out when I have time. I've checked out the wires behind the radio unit and passenger side mid speaker element and they were fine. I've also gone through the radio setting for custom frequencies and fade/balance. What could cause this type of an issue and what should I check out next?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,177 Posts
Hey. I'm having an issue with my 2010 Cruze audio system, it's not the pioneer hifi system. In front, the treble speakers are playing high frequencies as they should, I suppose, but the mid speakers at the front doors are playing quietly some frequencies but not low frequencies. They're not completely silent. There's literally no bass, even if I put +12 bass on the car radio. Mid speakers on the rear doors are completely silent, it might be because of the wiring, I'll check that out when I have time. I've checked out the wires behind the radio unit and passenger side mid speaker element and they were fine. I've also gone through the radio setting for custom frequencies and fade/balance. What could cause this type of an issue and what should I check out next?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Was this like this since you purchased it? If not, what wiring have you disturbed?

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.