Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2017 Cruze Hatch Premiere with the Sun And Sound Package.

Purchased new in July 2017. The issue I am having is with the OnStar cellular audio. The Bluetooth audio is fine. The only way you can hear the OnStar agent or anyone on OnStar hands free calling is to Max out the phone volume and actually stop the car. The road noise drowns out the audio even at Max. Then when you use Bluetooth again, the volume is too loud and has to be turned down as they both share phone volume.

I have had it into the dealer twice now. They finally changed out the OnStar module which did not correct the problem. They now tell me there is nothing more they can do. What? Really?

I guess the next step is to contact GM.

Anyone else experience this issue? And if so, any resolution?

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
88 Posts
From the OnStar site
  • As illustrated by this map, OnStar service can’t work unless your car is in a place where we have an agreement with a wireless service provider for service in that area. OnStar service also can’t work unless you’re in a place where the wireless service provider we’ve hired for that area has coverage, network capacity, and reception when the service is needed, and technology that’s compatible with the OnStar service. OnStar service that involves location information about your car cannot work unless GPS satellite signals are unobstructed and available in that place as well.
https://www.onstar.com/us/en/services/coveragemaps.html

Have you tried trouble shooting it with another onstar vehicle? Don't give up on it that easily, you have a bumper to bumper, and you should continue to escalate it. They can replace a whole lot more than just the OnStar module.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I attempted to escalate the issue. However the dealer reported it performed identically to other Cruze models. In my research, this is not the case. A co-worker of mine has the same vehicle and this problem does not exist. However this seems to fall on deaf ears. They are saying there is nothing more they can do.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
I’m guessing the noise-canceling function is not working. I’d be looking at the microphone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes I have observed the exact same symptom for an Onstar call in my 2017.
I’ve also observed it for a bluetooth call with my xfinity/verizon samsung s8.
So far:
Seen it on 2 out of 25 onstar calls. 3 out of 300 bluetooth/verizon calls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts