Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking up some info about my new 2017 Cruze LT on Chevy website and came across this, mention that LT and Premier models get a 24 month subscription to Onstar, so I called Onstar up and asked about it and they said I would have to call Chevy, So I reached out to Chevy customer relations and they said I needed to contact Onstar again about it. I should just contact the dealer to find out what the deal is, just wondering if this maybe a typo on the website. Wondering if anyone else who has purchased a 2017 LT or Premier received 3 months or 24 month trial?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to. Really never use Onstar except for the My Chevy app like that I can look up some stats from the phone, really all that I care about.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Having OnStar can often get you a discount with your insurance.... if it weren't for that, I would have turned it off the day after I bought mine. As it is, I've accidentally called OnStar three times in the past couple months whilst adjusting the mirror.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is a good part. I did sign up with that for my insurance, was thinking with the 5 years of limited service of Diagnostics they still send details to insurance for 5 years, but Ill have to double check that.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Chevy did offer a similar 2 year free plan for certain 2016 Cruze buyers but it looks like you're out of luck in 2017

[h=1]Exclusive Report: GM slices free OnStar trial period in 2017 Buick, Chevrolet, and GMC models[/h]
As of January 1, 2017, General Motors has reduced the free trial period for its OnStar Guidance Plan from six months to three months in all Buick, Chevrolet, and GMC models. OnStar is a subscription-based service that provides access to a wide range of features, including Automatic Crash Response, Crisis Assist, SOS Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, and more.
The New York Daily News discovered the unannounced change in service on February 9, 2017, while researching Chevrolet models on the company’s consumer-facing website.
In a response, General Motors issued the following statement:
Beginning in January, the OnStar Guidance Plan trial changed from six months to three months for Chevrolet, Buick and GMC vehicles in the U.S. This change aligns the OnStar Guidance Plan and 4G LTE data plan trials at three months, and customers will continue to receive five years of the OnStar Basic Plan standard with all new vehicle purchases regardless of whether they continue subscription coverage after the trial.

·
10,712 Posts
Having OnStar can often get you a discount with your insurance.... if it weren't for that, I would have turned it off the day after I bought mine. As it is, I've accidentally called OnStar three times in the past couple months whilst adjusting the mirror.

Yep my insurance went up when I got a non OnStar car that literally cost less MSRP than what my Cruze was new. That and the fact my wheels are High Theft items. I never called on accident, I had a plan with minutes to burn so I used that or turn by turn. The service is there, use it "within reason".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They must have missed cleaning up the information post about it 2017 since it still shows up when looking up the 2017 2017 Cruze: Compact Car & Hatchback Car | Chevrolet Also yes I know i m wasting my time on this because I will not get anywhere, but they should update their page to show it correctly. It is funny When I called Chevy about it I was told its Onstar's problem. I even called the dealer up and was told they would call me back, but never got called back, probably gave them a good lolz. I will be passing the dealer over the weekend and I should stop in and get some extra lolz in.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Just got my 2017 Cruze hatchback and it came with OnStar premium for two months and 5 years regular on Star all for free. Chevy made it very clear when I bought the car I had to call onstar right after when it happened to get it with the blue call button. They congradulate you on the new car and set you up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have an update for everyone after playing a lot of phone/email tag between Onstar an Chevy support, I got an email from Chevy saying I did not have an LT and in an email back I was like well I want a refund since I paid LT price, I then got a call from Chevy customer support and played some phone tag getting to the guy live. He did confirm that I should have gotten 2 years but when he contacted Onstar they said they would not honor the deal and I pressed the guy saying, its on your website and he said yeah it is and said the best he could offer me is 1 year as a good faith offer, but that is the best he could do. So i m half happy I m getting additional Onstar time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts