Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, yes, yes. I must be out of my mind. But, Ive dont it, again. Proud owner of Cruze #4

2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic Hatch Premier.

Im pretty sure it has almost all available options. Nav, Bose, Sun and Fun, Moonroof, etc. Rear park, blind spot, Car play, leather, front and rear heated seats, RS. I used to work for the dealer I bought it from, so, I got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up. $29,465. -$2,000 dealer discount, -$3,500 customer cash, and to sweeten the deal, -2,000 in IVCs. $21,965, plus cost on a full front end clear bra. $800.

Edit: Mods, can you move this to the proper section. I was looking for my old post, before I posted this, and added this to the wrong section.

unnamed.jpg

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
I'll move it if you promise to attach the picture to the actual site instead of Photobucket ;)

Congrats on the Gen 2...I'm still smitten with mine almost a year later.

I must assume those with Photobucket still see the image they intended to post? Congrats on CRUZE # 4, a member record I believe
I dunno, Patman's talking about buying another :D

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll move it if you promise to attach the picture to the actual site instead of Photobucket

Congrats on the Gen 2...I'm still smitten with mine almost a year later.

I must assume those with Photobucket still see the image they intended to post? Congrats on CRUZE # 4, a member record I believe
I dunno, Patman's talking about buying another

I definitely tried to post the picture about 3 different ways. I couldn?t get it to upload. I need to shrink to attach. Biggest problem is, my Album is also almost full. I have like 3mb left.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,642 Posts
I definitely tried to post the picture about 3 different ways. I couldn?t get it to upload. I need to shrink to attach. Biggest problem is, my Album is also almost full. I have like 3mb left.
Use paint. Open the photo, click resize and choose a percentage, save photo, upload.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think I need a 4th Cruze owner badge. :whatdoyouthink:

Im also not looking forward to spending another $500 on ceramic window tint.

Use paint. Open the photo, click resize and choose a percentage, save photo, upload.
Im on my MBP. No Windows machine. I agree, paint would be easy. Ive had a mac for 4 years and I dont remember having to resize a photo, although, when I was messing with this, last night, I had been up over 24 hours. I guess I could Google it...LOL

Patman;2936674[/QUOTE said:
Taking me on? I currently have #3(my 2014 after my 2011 and 2012) and I may end up buying #4 for my son some time this week.
Ah, for your son, mine are for me, myself, and I. Haha! Yeah, I know, its a little crazy. I went in to get the earl changed on the 2014. 107,720 miles on it, had been tuned since it had about 20k on it, which had a BNR tune, my second silver one had a trifecta tune. I traded that in, with 49,000 miles on it.

So, I got the oil changed, manual trans flush, coolant and plugs. Went up into the sales Tower, because I know all the guys there, from selling cars, there a number of years ago, and jokingly asked the sales manager, "how much for my houpty?? "How many miles" "107,720" "I'll give you $5,500." I looked at blue book, for the eco, manual. Only option, was a power seat. No parking sensors, no Nav, no blind spot, nothing. $4,700-$5,900? in my zip code.

And I told him the windshield is cracked from the wiper cowl, up to about 3 inches from the roofline. And the left rear bumper, someone had backed out at the mall and kissed the corner of the bumper. I got a quote at that dealer, for them to fix it, for $220. So, I said, "that's a fair price," I didn't owe much more than that. He says, "you know I'll hook you up. I'll fix the windshield, the bumper, and I went back to get your shop bill, for today, and that's $400. I'll pay that too." So, $7,500 off, paying the shop bill, and giving me a fair shake on the trade was worth it for me. I had also been chasing a boost leak demon that kept kicking my ecu into limp mode, from it being tuned. It started happening when they did the valve cover recall. And I didn't want to mess with it, anymore. Its only a problem when trying to run over factory boost. So, they can flash the Ecu back to stock, it will be fine. So, for me, I was all worth it.

This is a huge transition, for me. All 3 of my previous Cruzes, had all been 6MT. Second one had fogs and parking sensors. All 3 had power drivers seat. 3rd had the backup mylink and auto dim rear view mirror, and lit vanity mirrors. That became standard.

So, going to a Premier hatchback, was a huge change. Only comes in Auto, and as loaded as the Premier comes, plus rear park, Bose, Sun and Fun, (moonroof and Bose), side blind zone, forward collision warning, leather, RS package, Apple car play, rear heated seats, heated steering wheel, wireless charging, that hopefully I can use with the iPhone 8. Bigger gas tank, the manual ecos have that stupid filler neck crap. Rear disc brakes. Easier wheels to clean. Eco wheels suck to clean.

So, all in all, it was a no brainer for me. I got the balance of my 7 year, 150k extended warranty back, and I added a zero deductible 7-150 to the new car. Since they give me gap, $300, and $1,500 for the extended, and I put over 30,000 miles a year, on cars, I need an extended. I'm pretty happy with my impulse buy. Ill post pictures as soon as get on Google and figure out how to resize a photo...LOL. And I also need to figure out how to remove some of the older pics in my album. I really have 3mb left to upload, to, anyway.

·
17,346 Posts
Picture attached.

I also went 6MT -> AT with mine, and quite honestly I don't miss it (I live in a super high-traffic area). The AT is much better programmed than the older Cruzes.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. I must be out of my mind. But, Ive dont it, again. Proud owner of Cruze #4

2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic Hatch Premier.

Im pretty sure it has almost all available options. Nav, Bose, Sun and Fun, Moonroof, etc. Rear park, blind spot, Car play, leather, front and rear heated seats, RS. I used to work for the dealer I bought it from, so, I got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up. $29,465. -$2,000 dealer discount, -$3,500 customer cash, and to sweeten the deal, -2,000 in ICVs. $21,965, plus cost on a full front end clear bra. $800.

Edit: Mods, can you move this to the proper section. I was looking for my old post, before I posted this, and added this to the wrong section.

View attachment 238986
Congrats on new car, what is the ICV an extra 2000? Just curious

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Picture attached.

I also went 6MT -> AT with mine, and quite honestly I don't miss it (I live in a super high-traffic area). The AT is much better programmed than the older Cruzes.
It definitely seems to be a more refined car. They’ve had years to perfect it.

On a side note, on the Mac, you need to export from photos, to edit the pic size. I did this, but, now I get a forum error telling me my file size is over the limit, by 146k. The pic is only 180k. Storage must be full. I have 93 pictures in there, but I don?t see any options to delete them. They’re all pics that I posted in forums over the years.

Edit: Thanks Indy!

And the ICVs are something the dealerships often have to sweeten the deal. They’re called incentive cash vouchers. Or, IVCs (Instant Value Certificate)For when there is no more room to take money off the actual car. It’s like dealer cash. But walking into a dealership, that you have no juice with, and trying to work a deal, and drop the line, just throw in a few IVCs and we have a deal.? That’s a quick way to get the middle digit.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
So am I, I just bought #4 myself. I bought a 2013 LT RS with 6M tinting, fogs and the whole package. What I have driven so far I really like it!!!

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
So am I, I just bought #4 myself. I bought a 2013 LT RS with 6M tinting, fogs and the whole package. What I have driven so far I really like it!!!
Well that was quick...what the hail?

Congrats on #4 Patman! :th_dblthumb2:

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! I needed the new body style after owning 3 Ecos. Just different colors

·
17,346 Posts
It definitely seems to be a more refined car. They?ve had years to perfect it.

On a side note, on the Mac, you need to export from photos, to edit the pic size. I did this, but, now I get a forum error telling me my file size is over the limit, by 146k. The pic is only 180k. Storage must be full. I have 93 pictures in there, but I don?t see any options to delete them. They?re all pics that I posted in forums over the years.

And the ICVs are something the dealerships often have to sweeten the deal. They?re called incentive cash vouchers. For when there is no more room to take money off the actual car. It?s like ?dealer cash.? But walking into a dealership, that you have no juice with, and trying to work a deal, and drop the line, ?just throw in a few ICVs and we have a deal.? That?s a quick way to get the middle digit.
Settings -> misc -> attachments. There are checkboxes and then a delete menu @ the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
I hate to say the tinting had to go! I swear it was probably @30-40 % and I could see nothing at night! As of now the tint is gone off the front 2 windows. so now I can see around me. Looked good at the time of purchase bc it was daytime but at night forget it!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It definitely seems to be a more refined car. They?ve had years to perfect it.

On a side note, on the Mac, you need to export from photos, to edit the pic size. I did this, but, now I get a forum error telling me my file size is over the limit, by 146k. The pic is only 180k. Storage must be full. I have 93 pictures in there, but I don?t see any options to delete them. They?re all pics that I posted in forums over the years.

And the ICVs are something the dealerships often have to sweeten the deal. They?re called incentive cash vouchers. For when there is no more room to take money off the actual car. It?s like ?dealer cash.? But walking into a dealership, that you have no juice with, and trying to work a deal, and drop the line, ?just throw in a few ICVs and we have a deal.? That?s a quick way to get the middle digit.
Settings -> misc -> attachments. There are checkboxes and then a delete menu @ the bottom.
Nice! I?ll give it a whirl, when I get back to the Lappy.

I hate to say the tinting had to go! I swear it was probably @30-40 % and I could see nothing at night! As of now the tint is gone off the front 2 windows. so now I can see around me. Looked good at the time of purchase bc it was daytime but at night forget it!
I can see pretty well with the rolldowns @ 35-40. Anything darker than that, and it?s a struggle.

·
10,713 Posts
Yeah 35% plus factory wasn't that bad for me either unless you live in the sticks where stars and moonlight is easy to spot w/o street lights.

20% was cool for me in Southeast D.C. when I was in my early 20's but highly illegal if I ever came back to Ohio with it.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
I have 35% and 0 issues at night. Yours must be darker than that (20%?)
Hard to say! I don't know how the % for tinting are scaled. I thought the higher # the darker. All I know is I couldn't see much at night and my stepson also mentioned how dark it was!
I found myself driving my memory of where I am and not so much sight? I didn't put it on and it was daylight when I bought it. Maybe I am just getting old and my vision is going?

·
17,346 Posts
Hard to say! I don't know how the % for tinting are scaled. I thought the higher # the darker. All I know is I couldn't see much at night and my stepson also mentioned how dark it was!
I found myself driving my memory of where I am and not so much sight? I didn't put it on and it was daylight when I bought it. Maybe I am just getting old and my vision is going?
Lower % = darker. It is rated by the % of visible light allowed through.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts