Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Oops... I did it, again.

Tags
oops
5K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  CruzeTech 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, yes, yes. I must be out of my mind. But, Ive dont it, again. Proud owner of Cruze #4

2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic Hatch Premier.

Im pretty sure it has almost all available options. Nav, Bose, Sun and Fun, Moonroof, etc. Rear park, blind spot, Car play, leather, front and rear heated seats, RS. I used to work for the dealer I bought it from, so, I got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up. $29,465. -$2,000 dealer discount, -$3,500 customer cash, and to sweeten the deal, -2,000 in IVCs. $21,965, plus cost on a full front end clear bra. $800.

Edit: Mods, can you move this to the proper section. I was looking for my old post, before I posted this, and added this to the wrong section.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Automotive design

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
It definitely seems to be a more refined car. They’ve had years to perfect it.

On a side note, on the Mac, you need to export from photos, to edit the pic size. I did this, but, now I get a forum error telling me my file size is over the limit, by 146k. The pic is only 180k. Storage must be full. I have 93 pictures in there, but I don?t see any options to delete them. They’re all pics that I posted in forums over the years.

Edit: Thanks Indy!

And the ICVs are something the dealerships often have to sweeten the deal. They’re called incentive cash vouchers. Or, IVCs (Instant Value Certificate)For when there is no more room to take money off the actual car. It’s like dealer cash. But walking into a dealership, that you have no juice with, and trying to work a deal, and drop the line, just throw in a few IVCs and we have a deal.? That’s a quick way to get the middle digit.

#9 ·
Yes, yes, yes. I must be out of my mind. But, Ive dont it, again. Proud owner of Cruze #4

2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic Hatch Premier.

Im pretty sure it has almost all available options. Nav, Bose, Sun and Fun, Moonroof, etc. Rear park, blind spot, Car play, leather, front and rear heated seats, RS. I used to work for the dealer I bought it from, so, I got a smoking deal I couldn't pass up. $29,465. -$2,000 dealer discount, -$3,500 customer cash, and to sweeten the deal, -2,000 in ICVs. $21,965, plus cost on a full front end clear bra. $800.

Edit: Mods, can you move this to the proper section. I was looking for my old post, before I posted this, and added this to the wrong section.

View attachment 238986
Congrats on new car, what is the ICV an extra 2000? Just curious

#12 ·
Well that was quick...what the hail?

Congrats on #4 Patman! :th_dblthumb2:

Reactions: Merc6
#15 ·
I hate to say the tinting had to go! I swear it was probably @30-40 % and I could see nothing at night! As of now the tint is gone off the front 2 windows. so now I can see around me. Looked good at the time of purchase bc it was daytime but at night forget it!

#22 · (Edited)
Well for what its worth, all the tinting is gone including the glue except for the back window. Came off rather easy. Didn't have time 2 night I did spray it with some 409 tonight and hopefully I will be able to get to it tomorrow. I saw some guy on you tube use 409 vs a garbage bag. Just thinking about the rear window defogger.

Edit:
Last night the back window tint came off with no problems. It just started on one end and came off as an entire sheet with minimal glue residue. I was afraid it was going to be difficult like the rear doors. But all came off in @ 15 min time and as they would say: "clean up is a breeze". No heat guns or steamer
necessary. I got lucky on this!!!

#19 · (Edited)
Hard to say! I don't know how the % for tinting are scaled. I thought the higher # the darker. All I know is I couldn't see much at night and my stepson also mentioned how dark it was!
I found myself driving my memory of where I am and not so much sight? I didn't put it on and it was daylight when I bought it. Maybe I am just getting old and my vision is going?

#18 ·
Yeah 35% plus factory wasn't that bad for me either unless you live in the sticks where stars and moonlight is easy to spot w/o street lights.

20% was cool for me in Southeast D.C. when I was in my early 20's but highly illegal if I ever came back to Ohio with it.

#21 ·
The dealer called, yesterday, to set up my clearbra appt. The tint shop, doesn?t have an opening, until the 31st!! And they want my car for 2 days. I get a rental. I?m going to call the tint shop, today, and setup the windows, as well. I?m pretty sure they use Formula One, Pinnacle. 20-25 on the rears, and 30-40 on the roll ups. AirBlue 80 on the windshield, and on the outside mirror glass. Cuts down the glare, by a lot. And putting something on my outside mirrors, keeps the reflective side from getting all scratched up. It seems like I couldn?t wipe it, on my other cars, before it would scratch the mirror.

#23 ·
I just got the car back, yesterday, from the tint shop. They had it 2 days for tint, and a full clear bra. Hood, fenders, rockers, headlights, door edges, door handle cups, rear bumper cargo strip, etc. I’ll start a new thread on the entire clearbra, as soon as I get a chance to go out and take some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.