Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard some rumors on the 2013 chevy cruze open recalls. My car goes into the dealership tomorrow for some basic bumper to bumper warranty stuff and was wondering going in what is it i need to address and make sure that they fix while I have it at the dealership. Might be a dumb question but figured it's better to ask, get a list and make sure stuff get's done right as well this is my DD and the car I put my 2 year old in and I want nothing but safety. Anything I need to have checked or addressed before my 36k bumper to bumper would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I got 1 free year of onstar. Lucky hehe. But I was just curious everyone hear has been driving these for awhile and i'm at 35,000 miles and my regular dealer (the one I like and was going to go work at until my current job gave a huge raise) is getting it tomorrow for a few minor things like my radio flickering, and a slight idle issue. Figured it's on that 36,000 bumper to bumper mine as well get whatever needs to be done taken care of. And I really wish this car came with the Navigation instead of the basic Mylink radio. It's cool and surprised me but the gps would have been great.

·
10,713 Posts
Use the 1 year OnStar up for navi. If you are on the phone while using OnStar navi, there is a screen for directions in the gauge cluster you can use. OnStar if you signed up for monthly maintenance should have told you the recalls as well.

Besides that, the Google maps app voices through the speakers if you are using USB and music other than AM/FM/XM.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yea I got 1 free year of onstar. Lucky hehe. But I was just curious everyone hear has been driving these for awhile and i'm at 35,000 miles and my regular dealer (the one I like and was going to go work at until my current job gave a huge raise) is getting it tomorrow for a few minor things like my radio flickering, and a slight idle issue. Figured it's on that 36,000 bumper to bumper mine as well get whatever needs to be done taken care of. And I really wish this car came with the Navigation instead of the basic Mylink radio. It's cool and surprised me but the gps would have been great.
Hey bud. Ive noticed my radio screen flicker too a couple times like ill set it to the dimmed setting i like and ill be driving and all the sudden it will like flicker and goes back to full brightness.. Ive only have the car for a month. 2013 2LT 12,000 miles now..Let me know what they tell you! or if they fix it for you and what it was i would really apreicaite it!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Hey bud. Ive noticed my radio screen flicker too a couple times like ill set it to the dimmed setting i like and ill be driving and all the sudden it will like flicker and goes back to full brightness.. Ive only have the car for a month. 2013 2LT 12,000 miles now..Let me know what they tell you! or if they fix it for you and what it was i would really apreicaite it!
That 'Bright/Dim' business is controlled by the light sensor on the top of the dash.
If it is dark to a certain point, say around sunset, it turns on the headlamps and dims the dash lighting.
If ambient brightness increases, it turns the lamps off (back to DRL) and takes dash brightness back to the daylight or bright setting.
Your description is normal operation for cars such as ours with automatic headlamps.

Rob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the dealer now and they are swapping out my radio apparently it has issues. As well mine has a recall for airbag, coolant leak, and front shafts. One thing I noticed was the 1500 rpm rev it sits at when I start it. I mentioned it but when I searched it I guess it's normal.

Reactions: Mo Cruze

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
1500 RPM idle is normal for the Cruze when you first start the car.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
One thing I noticed was the 1500 rpm rev it sits at when I start it. I mentioned it but when I searched it I guess it's normal.
Most cars start on high idle when cold to help warm the car faster. usually when warm outside its about 45 seconds of 1500rpm, but when cold it may stay on high idle for up to 2 minutes.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
We will be happy to look into this for you, BD3511. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and we will let you know if there are any open recalls or service announcements associated with your Cruze. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will be happy to look into this for you, BD3511. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and we will let you know if there are any open recalls or service announcements associated with your Cruze. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Message sent and thank you.

Also just a heads up everyone If you want to add a RS package to your car 1089.00 $$ USD lol. I kindly stepped away from the parts counter haha. Ow yeah and that's just primed not even painted.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Also just a heads up everyone If you want to add a RS package to your car 1089.00 $$ USD lol. I kindly stepped away from the parts counter haha. Ow yeah and that's just primed not even painted.
Its always cheaper to get the options factory installed, makes the current RS package price of $650 seem like a pretty good deal. Think it was $795 in 2012 when I bought my car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its always cheaper to get the options factory installed, makes the current RS package price of $650 seem like a pretty good deal. Think it was $795 in 2012 when I bought my car.
Your right, But when I was shopping I was in the hunt for a cruze or a buick verano. Verano was a nice car but it seemed for the same price I could get the loaded up 13 Cruze LTZ with fogs and all the bells and whistles. Only thing I wish the cruze had was the Projector lights which I find to be awesome. But I chose the cruze and the only other certified cruze they had on the lot was a 2012 1LT with the RS package but I hated the interior and it had some wear and tear. Other car I was looking at also but had to pass immediately was the 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo with 51k miles. But as soon as I put it in drive it started clanking and rattling like crazy I jumped out of that thing like their was a wild animal in it trying to attack me. But I love the LTZ but would love to down the line add the RS package.

·
10,713 Posts
Pull A Part in this area is mostly 90's GM cars. You want to find a RS Cruze (1LT/2LT/LTZ) to do the transformation for well under that price. If you went to my dealer, the rear bumper plus paint and install was like north of $1100. There is a how to for front and rear bumper removal, not sure of the side skirts. Just buy the RS badges new online, don't waste time pulling them off the doors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's insane for the RS package. Honestly I'll just leave it as is. I have the factory Fog lights and I don't think I'm going to sink that much money into a DD just for looks. SO next year when I trade this cruze in and go for a 14 or 15 I'll be sure to get the LTZ with the RS package on it. Unless I step up my game and go for the new Impala :).. Those are nasty looking now

·
10,713 Posts
It's insane for the RS package. Honestly I'll just leave it as is. I have the factory Fog lights and I don't think I'm going to sink that much money into a DD just for looks. SO next year when I trade this cruze in and go for a 14 or 15 I'll be sure to get the LTZ with the RS package on it. Unless I step up my game and go for the new Impala :).. Those are nasty looking now
Yes they also go for a pretty penny if you check off too many boxes. Besides legacy village and Coventry, I'm not too worried about parking that big a car. When I took my car to NYC I hated parallel parking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I lived in chicago for 3 1/2 years and my daily was a 1996 Crown Victoria and parallel Parking was my middle name. Nudge bump and slam my way into parking spots, My Cruze and Cobalt SS and even my when I drive the Equinox just laugh at people when they say. " can you squeeze this "?. Lol, back in one turn and i'm in like flint. What dealership are you at Merc 6. And I'll be sure to come see you and get my new Impala LTZ :)

·
10,713 Posts
I don't work there, I just spend a bit of time there for service and misc issues while I still have the B2B left. Tim Lally off Bedford Auto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't work there, I just spend a bit of time there for service and misc issues while I still have the B2B left. Tim Lally off Bedford Auto.
Ahhhh... the auto mile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts