Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 2013 Cruze LTZ. There's a $500 rebate that expires on 2/28. My car will probably arrive after the rebate has expired. Do I still get the rebate or only whatever incentive is active at the time of delivery?
thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Should he not get whatever incentive were offered when the Bill of Sale / Contract was made? I mean if i order a car today (Jan) with 1000 rebate, and 0 % financing, but car won't be delivered until Feb/March, id be pretty pissed if i didn't get what i originally ordered the car with.

I've never actually ordered one always was able to find what i was looking for on a lot be it a different farther away one, but i remember being told when i got mying that i needed to put a small deposit down , 100$ to make sure i got the current promo that they were running that weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Here's the verbiage on the $500 rebate:

2013 CHEVROLET Cruze
Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. Price not available with special Ally finance or lease offers. Take delivery by 02-28-2013. Residency restrictions apply.

Usually, these rebates are intended to move lot stock for the dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
All GM rebates on any GM vehicle go by delivery date.

The point of the rebate is usually to move dealer stock, not to get people to order more cars. You do not get the rebates that are offered when you place the order, you get any rebates that are available when the delivery date arrives.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ah that's is good to know for any future purchases. I've always gone with dealer stock which is why i probably never really looked into the delivery part of it.

If you mention you'll only take the car if your guaranteed the rebate in cash, even if it's out of the dealerships pocket you may be able to work it that way, worked when i got my Furnace/Central air put in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just ordered a 2013 Cruze LTZ. There's a $500 rebate that expires on 2/28. My car will probably arrive after the rebate has expired. Do I still get the rebate or only whatever incentive is active at the time of delivery?
thanks
I got a rebate when I got my 2013 Cruze due to the hurricane. My previous car was destroyed. They applied the rebate against the cost of the car. I took a car in stock, so I picked it up the same day I purchased it. You should tell the dealer about the rebate and insist that you get it since you're ordering the car while the rebate is active. Make sure they apply the rebate in the contract that you sign for the car. I have to believe that the rebate would go by when you purchase the car, not the delivery date. It's an incentive to bring people in to buy a Cruze.

If they happen to say that they won't apply the rebate since it expires after the delivery date, call their bluff. Tell them you won't take the car unless you get the rebate. They don't want to lose a sale. I'm sure they will give you the rebate in that case.

When I purchased my Cruze, they quoted a much higher price than I expected. I told them "Goodbye". I started to walk out and they called me back. They asked what I was expecting to pay - I told them, and I ended up paying what I wanted to. Again, as long as it's within reason, they don't want to lose a sale.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
My experience with GM, its what is available at the instant you make that transaction the instant that vehicle ownership is transferred from the dealer to you.

We were told when we signed the contract for our 2012, delivery would be eight weeks, came in in six weeks, a week later, Chevy added another $500.00 rebate, sorry, like they are really sorry, you don't get that additional rebate.

In my upbringing, being sorry is is not enough, have to make restitution for whatever. Just bugs me when they keep on saying we are sorry, we are sorry, would rather hear, you are screwed.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
In my upbringing, being sorry is is not enough, have to make restitution for whatever. Just bugs me when they keep on saying we are sorry, we are sorry, would rather hear, you are screwed.
It's not in any way the dealer's fault. There's nothing they can do. GM is not going to make rebates retroactive and give away money on cars they already sold. Do you guys know what the hold-back and margin are on a Cruze? The only way dealers make money is sales bonuses and trucks, there is no meat in a deal on a 20K car unless you get some idiot who pays MSRP.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's not in any way the dealer's fault. There's nothing they can do. GM is not going to make rebates retroactive and give away money on cars they already sold. Do you guys know what the hold-back and margin are on a Cruze? The only way dealers make money is sales bonuses and trucks, there is no meat in a deal on a 20K car unless you get some idiot who pays MSRP.
This. Rebates are processed by General Motors and are not up to the dealer. Vehicles are reported sold electronically and if you enter an incentive code that is no longer active it will be rejected and there is absolutely zero the dealer can do. That makes sense considering the incentives are given by the manufacturer, not the selling dealer. Their incentives, their rules and a dealer should not have to eat money because of that. You wouldn't expect Wal-Mart to honor an expired coupon from Oscar Mayer. On ordered vehicles the price is set at the time the order is accepted by GM and incentives are at time of delivery and that is spelled out clearly every time with a program end date.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
thanks

quinny123,
As some of the other members have already said, you will get what incentives that are currently available at the time to delivery. If you would like me to watch your vehicle order for you please send me a PM with your order number. I can provide you with updates as they are available. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime; I am always happy to help in any way that I can.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.