Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car I wanted was not in stock anywhere so about three weeks ago I ordered it from a dealer here in Northern California. I offered a deposit but the meeting took place at night and the salesman gave me back my credit card without charging it. I’ve been speaking with him every week and he told me the car was ordered but there was no confirmation yet from the factory and it could still be rejected because of the time of the year. I’m wondering if this is normal and how long it usually takes after order for the factory to confirm they’re going to build the car. Anyone have any thoughts. The car is a 2018 Chevy Cruz premier automatic with the convenience package but not the confidence package and no RS. Blue metallic and black kalahari leather. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I got an status code of the order being accepted after 2 weeks. I paid $1000 deposit. The car was delivered 8 weeks after the order.

Blue paint and kalahari - I bet it looks good! They wouldn't let me order that combo. I settled for black paint.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
May 24 is the last day that GM will accept an order for a 2018 Cruze. If your dealer does not receive an allocation then it’s not going to happen.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,597 Posts
Do you have a contract? If not try another dealer. If what Tomko says is true, you only have a few days.

FYI: I have purchased new vehicles in the past and, after the fact, the dealer claims to have made a mistake and arbitrarily changed the contract. I was overseas when it occurred and my wife just accepted whatever they gave her. So even if you do have a contract, it might not be worth much.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
So even if you do have a contract, it might not be worth much.
My record is signing a contract and putting up a cash deposit at 4pm, returning at 10am the next morning with payment in full, and being told they unilaterally canceled the contract and sold the car to somebody else already because they knew I couldn't pay. I made the guy with his name on the building go to cashiering with me and get my cash back. I told him a check wasn't a refund, it was just a contract, and he'd already proven that a contract with him was worse than worthless. One of the salesmen (not one I'd ever spoken to before) followed me out to the parking lot to call me names. I resisted the urge to throw his fat ass through the showroom glass, but I gave it some thought for a couple of seconds.

My sole regret from that transaction is not suing them for specific performance, I ended up paying $235 more for the same car in a color I didn't want at a different dealer a couple hours later. That family sold the dealership a couple of years ago, so after only 27 years I quit calling them crooks to everybody who would listen.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is it a sedan or hatchback?
Sedan is built in Ohio and the Hatchback in Mexico.
That might make a difference.

I tried ordering a 2018 sedan from same dealer I ordered my 2015 Sonic. They gave me a line of crap about allocation and no more orders being taken for diesels and manual transmissions. Two other dealers pulled same crap. I finally found a dealer that placed an order on Monday and it was confirmed the next day. From the order day to the car being built and is now sitting at the factory lot waiting for transportation took 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. I found out dealers may not want to order a new car if there are plenty out on the open market sitting in lots. They bet on you giving in on a particular option or color for one already available. I would try another dealer asap since time is running out. You can try calling GM marketing support line and explain them your situation. I did that and that's how I figured out the first three dealers jerked me around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to work at the supplier who builds the muffler system for the cruze. He said the lordstown plant was down a couple weeks in may which could of caused some of the frustration. Also you may have found it harder to order due to the fact that GM is giving a lot of rebates on the 2018s because there is such a large surplus stock still

1 - 7 of 7 Posts