Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will wait and see how this turs out...I ordered the surface emitting led tails (2012 edition) and it should take a few to process, mail and recieve. I will post pics and see how difficult this install would be. I hated the stock tails so I opted for these!
View attachment 5935 View attachment 5936

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive been waiting for someone to get these. When you instal them please do post some pics or even better a video of how the brake light, fog light, reverse light, turn signals work...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got the lights in (id like to give a shout out to Gigi168 from Aliexpress)....The lights arrived in 5 days from China to FL with no issues. Build quality was great, he even threw in a free leather key fob! As I mentioned, I had a shop waiting to tackle on the install and it was complete in 1 hour with no issues (sorry but the detailed write up will not be possible as I dropped her off and picked it up) $60 later and the whole shop was impressed. Pictures attached.
View attachment 6045 View attachment 6046 View attachment 6047

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Not my style but look very nice from the back. Like them over stock.
Now you just need some rims, they look out of place on the car now lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need to take the Chevy emblem off first and replace it with a Holden one (problem is I would like to source an oem series 2 grill or something) and then put some shoes on it. I wanted to wait until the tires got down to 50% before that time. But as far as rims go...hows this?
View attachment 6056

·
Registered
35 Posts
I currently use the same lights as you. Installed it about 4 months ago. However I would like to mention the tail light section connected to the boot, you will need to get some thing to cover the existing hold on the boot and cut a small area to put the wire through. I used a sound deadener to cover the hole. If you looked at the design it will not seal the gap in the boot and if you wash you car or under heavy rain, water will enter your boot. So just a heads up for you to know. The tail section that is attached to the side body is fine as it has a rubber seal. For mine, I also used the old existing seal from the original tail light for the boot area but if you looked closely as the light you have and the original have a different mold, it will not seal completely. Other than that I will give it a two thumbs up for the lights..

·
Registered
191 Posts
I currently use the same lights as you. Installed it about 4 months ago. However I would like to mention the tail light section connected to the boot, you will need to get some thing to cover the existing hold on the boot and cut a small area to put the wire through. I used a sound deadener to cover the hole. If you looked at the design it will not seal the gap in the boot and if you wash you car or under heavy rain, water will enter your boot. So just a heads up for you to know. The tail section that is attached to the side body is fine as it has a rubber seal. For mine, I also used the old existing seal from the original tail light for the boot area but if you looked closely as the light you have and the original have a different mold, it will not seal completely. Other than that I will give it a two thumbs up for the lights..
Can you please send a pic or something to show ? i dont get it

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes please send a pic because it rained last night and trunk was dry. I didnt notice any "hole" and the shop that installed it didnt mention anything regarding that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Please video the taillights with turn signals on, etc. PRETTY PLEASE :)
Oh and by the way... do this taillights have a fog light? I dont see any place on them where i could say the foglight could be...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They do not have a fog light, just running lights...as far as video is concerned, I will try to post a youtube link with a vid

1 - 20 of 29 Posts