Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some goodyear ultra grip ice wrt's for the diesel and my wife's car today from tirerack.com. Will be mounting/balancing them by hand when they get in. Excited to try a true snow for the first time and will give my "lifetime all-season driver" opinion later this winter. FYI, Erie, PA had more inches of snow then any city in the USA last year....

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
That's Nice that you've decided to go with a winter tyres for the upcoming season .

We all get to do the drive through calcium chloride slush in the rust belt , or it would not be a rust belt .. send me a WAWA !

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My son was born 6 months ago and I said now's as good of time as ever to ensure the best rubber meets the road!

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Congrats Kory. This is a decision you will never regret.

But out out of curiosity, how will you balance them by hand?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Excellent choice. Good to see you come over to the dark side lol

Reactions: KpaxFAQ

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bought some Michelin X-Ice for this winter (will be my first car with snow tires). Bring on the snow!!!! Bought my car end of Feb this year and experienced a little snow with it. Did OK but I have to drive over an hour to work on occasion and better to be safe.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I ran these new last year for about 12,000 miles. They were pretty darn good. Hoping to get at least one more season out of them. This winter is suppose to be just as bad as last year *sigh*

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am looking into getting Blizzak tires. Anyone have any experience with these?
We put them on my wife's cruze because she drives mostly highway to work. She loves them! Quiet and great on the road. My cruze on the other hand got the studded snows because I don't drive that much lol

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will balance them with a bubble balancer, they work great if used correctly with a little patience, practice, and attention to detail.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
I will balance them with a bubble balancer, they work great if used correctly with a little patience, practice, and attention to detail.
Wow - I haven't seen one of those since my corner gas station in 1981.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
What's the story with TPMS sensors, anything special required in regards to the DIC readout or will the run of the mill sensors from Tire Rack do? Not a requirement but I'd rather not stare at an idiot light for 4 months.

·
Registered
251 Posts
We put them on my wife's cruze because she drives mostly highway to work. She loves them! Quiet and great on the road. My cruze on the other hand got the studded snows because I don't drive that much lol

Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to go with them. I drive mostly highway as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts