Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am reading that some folks will actually order a new 2016 Cruze without ever seeing it in person or testing driving it?? Why in the world would someone do that, strictly based on pictures?? That really seems like a HUGE gamble to me!!
Just this one man's opinion.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with that only because I own a '13 cruze. Now if I never owned or drove one then h*ll no I never would.

·
Registered
77 Posts
people that do this have problems with car salesmen,and in today's world you can use different apps online,and get the best deal and do it all from the compfort of wherever they are.
also they don't care about driving, they just want the best deal,and to them it is just transportation to get where they are going.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
One advantage of buying a first year car is there is no used market to speak of for your car year/style. This means if you are unhappy in the first 1.5 years you can trade and get more than enough to cover your loan. When I bought my cruze in April 2012 used 2011 cruze on dealer lots where asking new prices.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
No shortage of Chevy dealers around here, and we aren't even on the maps! Wife and I test drove many different vehicles and liked the Cruze the best. But nothing even close to what the options we wanted. So we ordered one and received exactly what we wanted.

Had to wait six weeks, but time goes by fast if you are having fun. Ha, goes by fast even if you are not having fun.

Depending on the dealer, some let us test drive new cars by ourselves, othes required a US Marshall riding in the back with a shotgun pointed at our heads.

Seeing ads on TV for True Car, guaranteeing the lowest prices, haven't tried this. But in trying 8 different dealers with quoted, sure I got the best price.

Ha, also helps to wave a wad of hundred dollar bills in their face, use to be thousand dollar bills, but a wad of hundreds is a lot more impressive. At this rate will be carrying a big bag of pennies.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My local Chevy dealer is great. You can test drive alone with no issues at all! It's MUCH more relaxing that way!

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I hope to have one sitting in my garage by April or May of next year.

One thing I can say for sure it won't be black granite in color.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I really like the silver colour. I also extremely appreciate how they gave it heated rear seats.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
So your saying you like the new Cruze then?

That makes two of us. Can't wait to see what features and options are going to be available.
Whoa, Whoa! I wouldn't go that far just yet, lol! Yes, I do like the exterior look in this video and in this color but that's about it.

I certainly don't like what I saw during the unveiling on Wednesday night of the NA 2016 Cruze. I personally think it looks too much like the new volt as well as every other **** compact sedan on the road right now which includes the Elantra, Civic, Forte, and Corolla!

There are some things I do like at first look. Those would include, that sexy blue color, the headlights and the front grille design minus the whole fog light area design. And of course as a tech junkie, I love all the new safety and infotainment upgrades.

I'm personally not a fan of the gear selector design (reminds me of a ball sack) or the whole cockpit and infotainment dash area at all. It all looks like it would belong better in the Buick Verano or Chevy Malibu. The whole upfront cabin design doesn't quite say young and hip which isn't a bad thing, but I personally don't want it to say middle aged and boring either, lol! The interior for now, just doesn't do it for me. I do think the materials used are likely better and less plastic-y. I'm sure there will be more soft touch areas and more storage area which is always a good thing.

The 2016 Cruze certainly has some things going for it but I'll wait to see it first hand to truly say if I like it or not.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I honestly don't see a current competitor that comes close. Mind you I didn't see a competitor that came close when I bought my 2014 ctd either. Closer rival I would say is the mazda3 (2014+)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
In my opinion, the closest rival still remains the 2015 Civic EXL/EX-L. Best in class in refinement, build quality and of course, reliability. HOWEVER, I really LOVE the look of this new 2016 Cruze!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
The young man next door bought his '11 Focus without driving it. His car buying criteria was "It had to be red and it had to have 18s". Then all I heard was how slow and hard to use the infotainment system was and how bad the resale value was. Well, Doh!, you didn't drive it or play it, and you bought the last model year of a generation.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
The young man next door bought his '11 Focus without driving it. His car buying criteria was "It had to be red and it had to have 18s". Then all I heard was how slow and hard to use the infotainment system was and how bad the resale value was. Well, Doh!, you didn't drive it or play it, and you bought the last model year of a generation.
I bought a New Generation for this N/A to begin this decade I called it IT ...then I traded that Turd for a New Generation fully loaded Race Red Mustang fully loaded except for the Power Performance Package and then I ordered my favorite wheels and tyres for me new Race Red Mustang and have ordered all of the New Suspention Products from STEEDA whom are the Players in this New Game that I have found Meself in and I am Now Back in the Game that I Love and Grew up in so cheers Jim and have a nice Day ..............HA Ha ...........

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
In my opinion, the closest rival still remains the 2015 Civic EXL/EX-L. Best in class in refinement, build quality and of course, reliability. HOWEVER, I really LOVE the look of this new 2016 Cruze!
Their reliability is no better than any other car. The years of Honda being so reliable stopped in 2000. Since then Honda has been having issues with all the same problems that every other automaker has. Also as for build quality, I'm just not seeing it. They put bolts in places where instead of a 1/4" there should have been a 5/16-3/8 and they do weird engineering which makes it at the very least frustrating to work on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts