Votes: 2 8.7%
  • More than 1 qt. every 3,000 miles

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious how many people with the 1.4T are in the same boat as I am. Reply with odo. mileage, too, if you don't mind, and OCI if you don't follow the OLM.

Currently 96K, 5K OCI mostly on Valvoline Synpower.

·
Registered
589 Posts
79K on her now. I follow the OLM which is almost always about 7500 miles. From day one the car has used about 1/4 to 1/2 a quart between OCI.

·
Administrator
15,756 Posts
Using AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30 at 10k-15k mile intervals, I've never seen a drop in oil level except when my intake manifold check valve went out. I currently have about 69k miles on the car.

On these cars, when using a good synthetic oil, any oil consumption indicates a problem, usually the check valve in the intake manifold being bad.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
2011 1LT @ 59,000 miles. original everything - intake manifold, pcv, and turbo. no oil consumption. on my 4th water pump hopefully changing it three times is a charm. knock on wood :) Used mobil one for break in on the first three oil changes @ 5000 miles intervals. since then been using amsoil 5w-30 once a year except for the fifth year I treated it to two oil changes @ 6 months interval and my OLM was 45%. Once a year interval my OLM is usually near zero because I put between 7000 to 9000 miles a year. This past year I changed the filter only @ 6 months which I will probably keep doing.

Right now though my OLM is at 10% and a year will be october so not sure if I am going to make it to october without it reaching zero. I have only 6500 miles on the current oil change and I changed the filter @ 6 months so not sure I am going to worry too much about the OLM but it is a nice to have sort of like the tire pressure reader.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My 2011 with 47k with original everything gets oil changes about every 6-8 months at 4k miles, with no oil consumption, I use mobile 1 full sythetic 5w30 since she had 19k miles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
2011 Eco 6MT, currently at 88K. Running Amsoil SS 5W-30 with no oil consumption and at about 12K on my oil change. This is the first time I have used Amsoil in this car.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Registered
280 Posts
13' with 74k. Uses no oil. All original parts, never been back to dealer for anything. Change every 5k, with 5/30 synthetic. Keeping an eye out on that check valve though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
13' with 74k. Uses no oil. All original parts, never been back to dealer for anything. Change every 5k, with 5/30 synthetic. Keeping an eye out on that check valve though.
I've been getting an increasingly frequent sputter/fluctuation at startup and warm idle, and vapor around the VC is starting to collect dirt, so as soon as I can (somewhere around 100K) I'm going to replace the valve cover all related to the PCV as PM even if it hasn't given up yet. Just did the coolant inlet about a month ago and my original water pump is hanging in there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've been getting an increasingly frequent sputter/fluctuation at startup and warm idle, and vapor around the VC is starting to collect dirt, so as soon as I can (somewhere around 100K) I'm going to replace the valve cover all related to the PCV as PM even if it hasn't given up yet. Just did the coolant inlet about a month ago and my original water pump is hanging in there.
Yeah, my daughter's goes out of warranty in October, if it has not failed by then, I'm going to go ahead and pull the intake and do Xtreme's check valve fix before it fails. I'll do the water outlet and res. hose at the same time, as it will be time for a coolant change also. I do keep an eye on it though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wonder how many of us actually check the oil level before and after the oil change! When I change my oil I put in 4 quarts exactly, that puts the oil level on the stick slightly over the top of the etched marks, 4.2 would be way over. Before changing it at around 7500 the level is on the top mark of the stick, which I estimate around a 1/4 quart.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
My 2012 didn't use any between OCI's until the check valve went out. Had 53k on the clock when I sold it. Lots of short trip driving with that one.

The 2016 doesn't use any either, and somehow, the oil is still golden colored at 5k on this oil change! Surprising for a DI engine - I've heard most turn it black quite quickly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My 2012 didn't use any between OCI's until the check valve went out. Had 53k on the clock when I sold it. Lots of short trip driving with that one.

The 2016 doesn't use any either, and somehow, the oil is still golden colored at 5k on this oil change! Surprising for a DI engine - I've heard most turn it black quite quickly.
I'm not sure whats up with mine, its always been this way, or at least since I started the oil changes after the free ones ran out! Maybe X is write and I have a problem with the PCV system but I've seen no codes or performance issues. I've also heard that the oil I use may have a high evap rate, I've used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum every time.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
I'm not sure whats up with mine, its always been this way, or at least since I started the oil changes after the free ones ran out! Maybe X is write and I have a problem with the PCV system but I've seen no codes or performance issues. I've also heard that the oil I use may have a high evap rate, I've used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum every time.
I run/ran Platinum or Ultra (before it was Ultra Platinum - the naming is just weird on that one) in both of mine. Is the tube that connects to the throttle body quite oily underneath?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts