Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago, I had my AC compressor worked on. When I drove away I noticed that the temp was no longer displaying. I didnt care and was just happy to get the car back. Come today, the temp, out of nowhere, began to show -40 degrees. As you might have guessed, this has now caused the AC to blow warm air. I think the dealership forgot to reconnect the OAT when working on the AC.

I THINK I located where the sensor is, but I have no clue where to check to see if the wire is disconnected. Where do I look to see if the wire is disconnected?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If it was completely disconnected, it shouldn't read anything. Get some water in it and it may conduct enough for the -40 reading.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a follow up on this for future reference. The sensor wire was disconnected from the sensor. I went in from the wheel well to get to the sensor and re attached the wire. It was kind of a pain, but I eventually got it.

When I first turned on the car, after re-connection, it went back to showing -40 degrees, where it previously showed nothing. When I started the car this morning, the display began showing the correct temp and my AC went back to blowing cold air.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention there's a re-calibration time period after reconnecting. So it won't work right away, but it does straighten itself out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.