Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 starts to run hot only when i turn ac on. Then a fan kicks on it sounds rather loud to me. I've replaced water pump, valve gasket, turbo. It's been nothing but a headache since i bought it. Sry if posted in wrong place. Ty

·
Registered
830 Posts
My 2014 starts to run hot only when i turn ac on. Then a fan kicks on it sounds rather loud to me.
When you hear the fan kick on, does that bring the temp back down?

What makes you say it's running hot? Temp gauge? Message on dash? Something else? Does the temp needle ever get in the red?

Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A signal came on saying ac turned off do.I to overheating. It got in between the middle and the end of overt heating. As soon add i turn ac or vol to warm its stats to go fifteen coming off. I'd pull over to let it cool before I'd let it get ti hot.

·
Registered
830 Posts
As soon add i turn ac or vol to warm its stats to go fifteen coming off.
I can't decipher this.

It sounds like it's getting hot, but not over-heating...yet.

Have you checked the coolant level? Do you know if the radiator fan is running at the lower speeds (LOW and MED)? When you hear it kick in, I'm assuming it's on HIGH. It may be that it's only working in HIGH and that's why the temp gauge goes up - if the fan stays off until the engine gets hot enough for the computer to command it to HIGH, then you will see the gauge climb until the fan goes to HIGH.

There's a resistor pack on the radiator fan that is used for LOW and MED, and these are known to fail. Here's a thread that talks more about it.

Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok tyvm for your help. I checked anti freeze my reservoir it was half empty so i filled it up let the car ruin. My brother in law said fans were working fine. I'll find out tomorrow it's gonna be a semi warm day and I'll be driving 40 miles away. I'll let you know if anything goes wrong. Again ty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts