Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Chevy Cruze, was overheating, we had the radiator replaced 1st. Week later we had same problem and had new water pump installed. A week later same issue. So they replaced the entire engine. And 7-10 days after the new engine. The coolant tank is low again and the overheating light starts to come on. It has not totally overheated yet but similar symptoms to the all above issues. I have no clue what to do next. Please help if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seems a little extreme to replace the entire engine. 🤦‍♂️

what engine do you have?

I’d start with looking for leaks near the water outlet and oil cooler crossover

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Check the consumer protection laws in your state. In some states, if they fail to fix the problem, they have to make good on their dime. After something as extreme as replacing the engine, i think they owe it to you to make this good.

·
Super Moderator
6,825 Posts
The coolant reservoir may be leaking.

FIX: Coolant Odors/Coolant Loss From Reservoir

Not the best video, but if you watch it, it will help explain how to remove the tank:

GM 1.4L Turbo Boost & Coolant Leak Testing Kits

·
Registered
486 Posts
FWIW, the pics of the tank there don't show the reinforcing metal tubes inside the plastic nipples. The improved tanks have those. Before ordering, it might be worth the effort to contact the vendor and check whether the tank actually has those.

I'd rather pay 50 bucks at the dealer parts counter for the new, improved tank than have another leak down the road when the plastic nipple breaks again.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts