Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been dealing with a severe overheating problem with my 2011 Cruze 1.4 LT. The car could not make it more than 1/2 a mile up the road without coming up to max temperature and giving me a warning to idle the engine. The coolant level is fine and I have replaced the thermostat twice and both engine coolant temperature sensors. The coolant temperature sensors seemed to fix my problem. I just found yesterday that I blew the head gasket and purchased Blue Devil Head Gasket Sealer in an attempt to not have to tear apart much of the engine. I followed the directions to the T. The last step was to idle the engine for 50 minutes and at about 40 minutes in the cooling fan kicked onto the highest setting. The heat coming from the fans faded and the temperature gauge began moving up. I was wondering is there something that should check next? Some have said a water pump could be causing the issue and others have said a bad radiator. Could a blown head gasket be causing overheating issues? I am really clueless on what i can do next.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,709 Posts
How have you determined the head gasket is blown?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts