Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My little brother has 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8 manual and it’s overheating intermittently. I have replaced the temperature sensor and the thermostat, flushed the coolant and made sure to rid it of air in the system. Here is what I have noticed:

-Sometimes driving the temperature will go all the way up in matter of seconds but also come down seconds later.
-I have also noticed one time driving on the highway, it didn’t reach normal operating temperature
- I also noticed that the coolant hoses appear to get very hard after the system is pressurized, even after the car cools down. With the car cold, I opened the reservoir tank and seemed like that made it boil. Also the pressure on the hose was released and level of the reservoir rose up.

This car has been nothing but headache for him and he has spent way more than he should have with a crook mechanic. Would appreciate some suggestions things to troubleshoot to pinpoint the issue.

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
838 Posts
I have replaced the temperature sensor and the thermostat, flushed the coolant and made sure to rid it of air in the system. Here is what I have noticed:
Before I start consider this, I'm not a 1.8L guy.
Our cars are very sensitive to many parts not being OEM. This is double true for the cooling system. The sensors and thermostat need to be OEM or all bets are off. Also, if the right sensor is put in the wrong location, the car will NEVER work right. If you are not 100% sure of these things, I highly recommend replacing everything again with known OEM parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts