Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why is this in the MPG section? Well I have been wondering, is it possible that if I over torqued my plugs. could that kill my MPG? Kinda like the problem I found with the my front brakes being seized, is this a simple problem that could have been over looked and not really noticed but in subtle problems: like poor MPG or seemingly power losses? Just wondering!

·
Registered
625 Posts
No. It will not. Worst you can get from over torquing is damaged plug, stripped threads or even cracking the head. With it not being a moving part (or attached to a moving part like brake pads to a rotor) it will not adversely effect your mpg.

·
Super Moderator
7,818 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I read the topic and a few posts before I realized you were talking about your spark plugs, not your wheel lugs.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I read the topic and a few posts before I realized you were talking about your spark plugs, not your wheel lugs.
Yes you and Tomko? I found an old torque wrench, I forgot I had bc downstairs and all other tools in garage so I loosened the bad boys up and torqued to 18 lb/ft and car seems to run better FWIW. If that does it great? These cars are touchy aren't they!

More expensive than a long-weekend with a prostitiute - but more satisfying.
Dad probably paid about $15 for back around 1980 so back then money was not as....... $15 was a lot of money. But prostitute I doubt it.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
If you're anything like me overtourquing usually means overthinking.

A good night's sleep can be obtained through the regular, effective and ongoing use of the world's finest torque wrench: the Snap-on ATECH2FR100B.

https://store.snapon.com/TechAngle-...atchet-5-to-100-ft-lbs-3-8-drive-P759379.aspx

More expensive than a long-weekend with a prostitiute - but more satisfying.
2 days with a pro would be more satifying than a simple twist of a Torque and certainly less expensive than a twister game with a pro .. But then again I have not been up to Canuckland for many moons and ahh the costs must have certainly risen exponentially upon Torque wrenchs and gone down on a 2 day excursion with a pro ... Woopie now I know where to buy a pro on the cheap ..Canada ...........I have never Torqued a spark in my life . I think I would rather torqe a Canadian Pro for that Price .. The End ..

·
Super Moderator
7,818 Posts
Next time your up why not try one of our exotic French-Canadian models?

Reactions: Patman and brian v

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Next time your up why not try one of our exotic French-Canadian models?
Great idea Tomko ..................
Vulei Vue Avec Cuchei ..or something ..ChevyCruze RS Ahh Toronto ...Piece of French Canadian Pie Oh Yeah ..

·
Super Moderator
7,818 Posts
Brian - you did see that that torque wrench is US$489.95 plus taxes applicable for your jurisdiction.

·
Super Moderator
7,818 Posts
Great idea Tomko ..................
Vulei Vue Avec Cuchei ..or something ..ChevyCruze RS Ahh Toronto ...Piece of French Canadian Pie Oh Yeah ..
You know there are two kinds of pie indiginous to French-Canadian cuisine.

The first is tarte au sucre. This is a sugar pie. It's like caramel, but only better. Guaranteed to put you into insulin shock.

The second is tortierre. This is a meat pie. Typically a combination of ground beef and ground pork. I take mine with a little cherry sauce.

So what will it be Brian: French-Canadian sugar pie or French-Canadian meat pie with a little cherry sauce?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Tomko you can stop thread jacking now ..what ever she is seŕving will be fine by me as long as she has long legs to nibble upon after desert is served of course !

·
Super Moderator
7,818 Posts
Tomko you can stop thread jacking now ..what ever she is seŕving will be fine by me as long as she has long legs to nibble upon after desert is served of course !
I saw what you did there.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys are going to make me move this to Badlands from FE section of the forum! LOL All about being torqued up!!!Car seems to run better anyway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts