Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My poor ol' heap must be replaced soon. Cruze is on my short list. Most liked features are quietness & solidity, adequate to good road manners, and the availability of decent manual transmissions. I do not want an automatic, will buy a manual. If not a Cruze, then something else. IMO, with my (sensitive to the equipment) driving style, I will get better economy with a manual than with an automatic (in spite of EPA numbers), and the equipment will go farther, too.

I know the 1.4T has a reputation for good drivability and hushed road manners. But the 1.8 is cheaper and more of them are listed; I wonder if I could get an even better deal. I have no unmet psychological need to drive a turbo car.

QUESTIONS FOR 1.8 6MT Owners: Do you get good economy? Is it quiet at 65 MPH? Is it adequately torquey in most normal driving situations? Or, do you find yourself wishing you had the 1.4T instead? Any other impressions related to the engine & transmission, or the car in general? Were you able to get factory or aftermarket cruise control installed & how hard /costly was it? Thanks a lot!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
My son has a 1.8 and I have the 1.4T (ECO). Both are manuals. I wish I had gotten him a 1LT as the drivability is that much better - the 1.4T engine is simply that much more drivable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts