Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hoping somebody can help. Just installed downpipe, unplugged egr & throttle valve sensors (so I thought), and installed oz tune. Car ran great first start and 2nd time wouldnt' start. Assuming I did not unplug the correct throttle valve sensor. This happen to anyone? If I unplug the correct throttle valve sensor will it start? Does anyone have a picture of the actual sensor?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Call your tuner?

But, definitely throttle valve. You may be able to free it by flashing stock and cycling the key a few times. With everything plugged in. Just don't go overboard. Otherwise you can open the inter cooler pipe and free it manually.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,017 Posts
Call your tuner?

But, definitely throttle valve. You may be able to free it by flashing stock and cycling the key a few times. With everything plugged in. Just don't go overboard. Otherwise you can open the inter cooler pipe and free it manually.
Does the tune freak out and shut the throttle valve? Because the throttle valve "fails" open. Unless you're implying it's stuck shut...which is entirely possible, based on how gross they can get.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Does the tune freak out and shut the throttle valve? Because the throttle valve "fails" open. Unless you're implying it's stuck shut...which is entirely possible, based on how gross they can get.
I just learned to not touch the throttle valve and let it do its thing. Which if the vehicle is deleted, is simply sitting there and making sure it is... You know... Open. Whenever you shut off the vehicle it'll sit there and open and close happily. Listen carefully, maybe you'll hear it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just learned to not touch the throttle valve and let it do its thing. Which if the vehicle is deleted, is simply sitting there and making sure it is... You know... Open. Whenever you shut off the vehicle it'll sit there and open and close happily. Listen carefully, maybe you'll hear it.
I thought that motor noise you hear after shutting the engine off on a diesel was those intake louvers in the front grill area? Maybe I’m wrong

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,017 Posts
I thought that motor noise you hear after shutting the engine off on a diesel was those intake louvers in the front grill area? Maybe I’m wrong
You can hear the throttle valve cycling (which is a "scrolling" noise, if you will), and then the standard "squeak-squeak" noise, which is the intake manifold runner valves cycling.

Actually found this, pretty handy article. The CTD definitely makes a lot more noise after shutting down than most vehicles: Common Cruze Diesel Noises

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.