Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Doesn't the 2015 have LED DRLs. How would you add another set?

I've had pretty good luck looking things up on GMPartsDirect.com

(If there are any other on-line parts manuals, I'm all ears.)

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
As far as I can tell, the entire trim cover is sold as a complete assembly. If you go to GM Parts Direct and go: BODY HARDWARE - FRONT BUMPER & GRILLE - BUMPER & COMPONENTS - Trim cover, you'll find the part numbers.

But I think you're better off looking for generic weatherproof LED strips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was hoping to avoid that, and stick with the more OEM look. I want the secondary DRL to be able to dim like the Cruze OEM one does.

When lights are on auto the LED DRL are Full Bright (or so I imagine), when you twist one to the right for Marker Lights, they dim to about 30% and obviously the marker lights come up with it too.

And if you turn the headlights on Manually, they still stay at the same brightness. I just think it would be could to have 2 pair of LED DRL's instead of just one on each side.

And thanks for the Link/Info. I was looking in electrical. Silly me.. Wrong classified area.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
I'd imagine that brightness is a function of the power fed to the LEDs, not the LEDs themselves. So a added LED would do the same thing if attached to the same wires.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
There's other threads that cover the fogs. From what I remember, install isn't too hard, but you might have to have the dealer update the car's programming to work.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Not all of the years require a BCM reprogram. But some do. I had factory fogs added to my 2012. I bought them on eBay for a steal. $65 for an oem set in the box, unopened. So you can find them cheap.

Looking at the LTZ it actually has fogs and DRLs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts