Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L AUTO - 102k Kms when bought, 148K on it now.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0033

Anyone ever had this or know what the problem could be? My waste gate actuator duty cycle is sitting on 4.7% and won't move. I have a huge loss of power. I have to get up to 4000-5000 rpms in slap shift just to get speed to get going. To jump on the 401 I'd have to rev 3rd gear and 4th right to red line to hit 100 km'h. Needless to say I haven't been on the 401 since. >.< I could put the pedal to the floor when going up a hill and my km'h will drop at a rapid speed. I've had other codes but fixed them all. Since I've had problems I've replaced By-pass valve circuit (Black box with the 3 hoses going to the turbo), By-pass valve itself was also replaced, Oil and Coolant feed/return lines, Waste gate actuator, MAP sensor, MAF sensor, Purge Valve, Camshaft Solenoid Seals, Coil pack, Negative Battery cable, Valve cover gasket, Throttle body gasket, Serpentine belt (Squeaking), Ported my intake manifold. Currently running all stock tune and stock parts. Have a BNR tune, AEM CAI and Froge atmospheric valve but have since taken it all off and back to stock to try and figure this issue out. I have had multiple codes for different things that have all been fixed but this one just won't go away after replaced everything I think would be causing the code. Please help I got over $1500+ into repairs and still have a car I can't drive! Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,662 Posts
As the links provides, these are the possible causes:

1. Bad turbocharger bypass valve actuator
2. Defective turbocharger bypass valve
3. Disconnected, cracked, or collapsed vacuum line (vacuum actuated bypass valve)
4. Faulty boost pressure sensor
5. Shorted or open wiring in the boost sensor circuit
6. Loose, corroded, or disconnected electrical connectors in the boost sensor reference circuit
7. Defective PCM or boost controller.

and these are your remedies...

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L AUTO - 148K (~92,000 mi)

I've replaced:
By-pass valve circuit (Black box with the 3 hoses going to the turbo), (3)
By-pass valve itself was also replaced, (2)
Oil and Coolant feed/return lines,
Waste gate actuator,
MAP sensor,
MAF sensor,
Purge Valve,
Camshaft Solenoid Seals,
Coil pack,
Negative Battery cable,
Valve cover gasket,
Throttle body gasket,
Serpentine belt (Squeaking),
Ported my intake manifold.
Currently running all stock tune and stock parts.

Have a BNR tune, AEM CAI and Froge atmospheric valve but have since taken it all off and back to stock to try and figure this issue out. I have had multiple codes for different things that have all been fixed but this one just won't go away after replaced everything I think would be causing the code. Please help I got over $1500+ into repairs and still have a car I can't drive! Thanks!!
Just clarifying your question.

although there is a bit of debate on this, I say that porting your manifold and not running a tune causes some additional problems at least related to mileage and possibly other things.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As the links provides, these are the possible causes:

1. Bad turbocharger bypass valve actuator
2. Defective turbocharger bypass valve
3. Disconnected, cracked, or collapsed vacuum line (vacuum actuated bypass valve)
4. Faulty boost pressure sensor
5. Shorted or open wiring in the boost sensor circuit
6. Loose, corroded, or disconnected electrical connectors in the boost sensor reference circuit
7. Defective PCM or boost controller.

and these are your remedies...

Just clarifying your question.

although there is a bit of debate on this, I say that porting your manifold and not running a tune causes some additional problems at least related to mileage and possibly other things.
Thanks for that I was in a bit of a rush when I posted the thread. I haven't been messing around with the car much as I have 2 motorcycles now. (y) but I am still slowly trying to figure this issue out. Yes I have heard many different things. Jerry from BNR told me that I wouldn't need a tune to run it. I just stuck with that as he is the one who tuned the car originally. I'm thinking it must be something eletrical with wires and I'm horrible wit that stuff. Maybe time to pull in the big guys. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts