Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 cruze, 1.8, 45,000 miles . I have been getting these codes with no power or MPG changes noticeable.

P00C7 baro sensor, MAP sensor, turbo boost sensor
P0236 turbo boost sensor
P0227 barometric sensor

I inspected air hoses and clamps etc. All seems good. Does anyone have an idea which sensor is bad ? I dont want to carpet bomb the car with all three. Does anyone have any experience with this problem ? No tunes, car is stock.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure......this can be positive or negative pressure.

MAP and Baro (Barometric pressure) are usually integrated into one unit, called a MAP/Baro sensor.

The sensor generally has one vacuum line and a wire harness attached......any damage to the vacuum line will set this series of codes.
If the vacuum line is sound and the wire harness is in good shape, unplug and replug the harness into the unit and clear the code. If the code resets, since you have no way of testing the unit (requires a TechII) roll the dice and replace the unit.
If the code does not reset after unplugging/replugging, then you can assume it was just a connector that needed the corrosion scraped off by plugging back together.

Rob

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the good advice. The sensor is only around 30 bucks so I think I will replace it and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced the MAP sensor and after the third start cycle the CEL came back on and posted the same codes. I feel like there is a power loss. engine is reving higher. But strangely enough the average MPG per tank is up from 34 to 37.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced the MAP sensor and after the third start cycle the CEL came back on and posted the same codes. I feel like there is a power loss. engine is reving higher. But strangely enough the average MPG per tank is up from 34 to 37.
Did you ever figure out the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts