Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

A little bit ago I had the hissing valve cover and the missing orange dot on the intake manifold on my 2012 Cruze Eco automatic. I replaced both the valve cover and the intake manifold, making sure to put some RTV on the seams.

I'm happy to report that the car feels like it's running fine. I've driven it about 60 miles and I haven't noticed any surging on idle or any other RPM.

However, I can't get that check engine light to turn off! I've tried clearing it with an OBD scanner, disconnecting the battery, running the car and turning it on and off but I still get P0106. I've also replaced the MAP sensor and checked for air leaks everywhere down the MAP I could but still I haven't had any luck getting that light turned off.

Any suggestions for getting this car back to 100%? Did I miss something or should I keep running the car and hope it goes out on it's own?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,141 Posts
Hey guys,

A little bit ago I had the hissing valve cover and the missing orange dot on the intake manifold on my 2012 Cruze Eco automatic. I replaced both the valve cover and the intake manifold, making sure to put some RTV on the seams.

I'm happy to report that the car feels like it's running fine. I've driven it about 60 miles and I haven't noticed any surging on idle or any other RPM.

However, I can't get that check engine light to turn off! I've tried clearing it with an OBD scanner, disconnecting the battery, running the car and turning it on and off but I still get P0106. I've also replaced the MAP sensor and checked for air leaks everywhere down the MAP I could but still I haven't had any luck getting that light turned off.

Any suggestions for getting this car back to 100%? Did I miss something or should I keep running the car and hope it goes out on it's own?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Make sure the connector is clean and dry.

A P0106 could be caused by:

Bad MAP sensor
Water/dirt intrusion affecting MAP sensor connector
Intermittent open in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
Intermittent short in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
Ground problem due to corrosion causing intermittent signal problem
A break in the flexible air intake duct between the MAF and the intake manifold
Bad PCM (do not assume the PCM is bad until you've exhausted all other possibilities)

Read more at: P0106 DTC Code - MAP / Baro Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here

·
Registered
23 Posts
No sir, it's a little 1/4" hose you would have had to remove and reinstall on the new intake. You will need a mirror to see it under the intake, just above the alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts