Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have got P0141 fault came up obdi reader. My 1.6 ls saloon passed mot but would like to know what do I need to change? Is it the oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe?

also engine is slightly leaking. Changed rocker gasket 6 months ago but it started to leak again from the same place. Mechanic saying camshaft sensor was the reason. I changed that too but still leaking from the engine. Does rocker gasket go bad in 6 months?

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,370 Posts
Hi

I have got P0141 fault came up obdi reader. My 1.6 ls saloon passed mot but would like to know what do I need to change? Is it the oxygen sensor on the exhaust pipe?

also engine is slightly leaking. Changed rocker gasket 6 months ago but it started to leak again from the same place. Mechanic saying camshaft sensor was the reason. I changed that too but still leaking from the engine. Does rocker gasket go bad in 6 months?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Yes, the O2 sensor is on the exhaust pipe

A code P0141 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

open or short to ground in the wiring harness
O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
O2 heater element resistance is high
Internal short or open in the heater element
Note: Typically a failed catalytic converter does not cause this code. You're more likely to see a P0420 code for a failed converter.
Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0141 Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1, Sensor2)

I am not familiar with the 1.6, but on a 1.4 there are two places you need to add silicone sealer when replacing the gasket.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have the capability to measure the oxygen sensor output voltage continuously over time? That will tell you if the working condition of the sensor.
I don't unfortunately. I checked OBDI and it said S2S and CAT not ready. Could it be sensor gone bad? Had MOT test last weekend and passed emission test as well with the fault. I erased the fault before the test but it has now come back again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.