Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2014 1.4L recently hit me with a P0171 code. I looked all over the site and found it's most likely the PCV valve. I also noticed an awful squeak while it's idled but when I pulled the dipstick out, the squeaking stopped. Looking on the site, I see that could be a bad seal. Would the bad seal cause the light or did they both just happen to fail at the same time? I only have 70k miles on the car so it still has power train warranty left so this all should be covered, right?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Based on your description, repairs would be covered.
At minimum, the cam cover has failed the burst disc. The check valve in the intake manifold requires inspection in conjunction and the manifold may require replacement as well.
Demonstrate how the squeak is affected by dipstick position to the dealer. This may require replacement of the crankshaft seal on the belt side of the engine, however, that problem may disappear once the PCV system is straightened out.

Follow up with results please,
Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
IIRC, the squeak that goes away with removing the dipstick indicates the crankcase pressure is too high. That would suggest the orange valve in the intake manifold is bad.

As long as you're still under 100,000 miles, the repair should be covered.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try and take it by he dealership today when I get off and hopefully they will give me a loaner car while they work on it. If not, it'll have to wait until Thursday.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Just had the same thing happen to me today. Noticed a squeak when I got to work and couldn’t find it. On the way home the check engine light came on with codes p0171 and p1101. While stopped to check the code I pulled the coil cover to feel air coming out of the burst disc. I also pulled the dipstick out about an inch and the squeak went away while in the pulled position. This all happened about a month after having it checked for a rough idle. Car has 87k on the clock. I’ll be driving the wife’s car until I can get it in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I took it to the dealership yesterday (Tuesday, Jan.2) and it took them an hour and a half to run a "diagnostic" to tell them exactly what I told them when I walked in. The replaced the camshaft cover which includes the PCV.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Just got called back today. The dealer is replacing the valve cover and intake manifold. They are also replacing the water outlet due to an ongoing coolant leak. All is covered under ware. Will see how it is running when I get it back next week, they had to order the parts to complete repairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.