Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Just for kicks and grins, check to see that the oil cap and dipstick are seated properly. I'm not sure what would happen if they were loose, but it's worth checking.

What size engine is this? I thought manifold tuning valves were only on the 1.8.
The 1.8's have a valve that maintains air velocity built into the manifold.....when it fails, the manifold requires replacement.

The 1.4t's have a vacuum check valve built into the manifold....when it sticks closed, the manifold requires replacement.
As the OP has learned, when the check valve sticks, the PCV, more often than not, ends up damaged as well because it has experienced vacuum loads far higher than it was designed for.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I'll be devils advocate and suggest that, to the tech., a valve is a valve.....a part in the manifold that isn't serviceable.

And, of course, the tech. told the writer what failed.....the writer 'may' have interpeted and relayed foggy information.....

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.