Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was driving my 2014 Cruze today(82,000 miles) and when trying to merge onto an interstate, i noticed I had very very little power, took forever to reach highway speeds, i immediately thought something was up and started to turn around and come home. On a stoplight on the way home, i then noticed it started idling really really rough, almots wanting to die but it didn't. Long story short, I made it the 10 miles home and by this time the engine/something up front is making noises whenever it revs up and its also dramtically louder(Exhaust sound, possibly cracked manifold?) than it was 20 minutes prior, the check engline light came on on the way home. I plugged my OBD2 reader in and those two codes popped up, anyone have experience with this? I made an appointment with my Chevy dealer for Monday morning, is this something covered under the 5 year,100,000 mile power train warranty? Is there anything I need to tell them when I drop it off? Car is bone stock, never had anything done to it besides some oil changes, bought it with roughly 40,000 miles on it

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add, can they deny if I don't have proof of oil changes? I've ch anged them myself since buying the car, I write down the mileage and date when oil changes have been completed but I've never kept the receipts or recorded myself doing the oil changes, and I have no records from previous owner

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most likely due to a hairline fracture around the internal wastegate port. The GT14 turbo is known to crack inside of the exhaust housing next to the wastegate flapper. If you pull the downpipe off a little a shine a light inside it should be clearly visible if that is the problem.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I should add, can they deny if I don't have proof of oil changes? I've ch anged them myself since buying the car, I write down the mileage and date when oil changes have been completed but I've never kept the receipts or recorded myself doing the oil changes, and I have no records from previous owner
they can, but they shouldn't. P0299 and 300 are "generic" codes and it could be a multitude of things. Might be a bad valve cover, intake manifold, coil pack, boost leak somewhere or any combination of some/all of those. Just wait until Monday and see what they say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they fixed it for free, new turbo, got it back last night, drove it home and shut it down. Drove to work this morning,a little burnt oil smell at first but everything fine besides that, my wife then sends me a picture of a pool of oil in my driveway and a trail leading up to the spot where I parked last night, went outside at work to check on it and there are a few drips underneath,I assume this isn't going to stop and they didn't just spill a bunch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2014 had that code and I had to get a new turbo put in. It was in the shop for three weeks waiting for the turbo to come in. The service agent told me my powertrain warranty ended November 28th so I said enough and traded it in for 2018 LT. In a two moth span I had to have the bearings replaced, the crank seal replaced (I think that is what it is called) and the turbo replaced it was too much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts