Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have received this code again even after the dealer cleared it and said there is nothing wrong with the car. I took a pic of my scanner. Isn't the "Baro" measurement the boost? If so, why the **** is it reading 29, and why do I get an Underboost error when there's too much boost?

Electronic device Technology Measuring instrument

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Baro looks like atmospheric pressure.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
BARO is Barometric pressure, which is the actual air pressure measured by the car at the MAF sensor and is often read in PSI (Standard BARO is 14.7 PSI at sea level, lower in Denver and higher in death valley). It is not a measure of boost.
However your reader has it in Inches of Water, which I don't know the exact conversion for but is probably around 14.4 to 15.0 psi.

For all intents and purposes this reading is meaningless in regards to your problem.

Your best bet is to go back to the dealership and have them perform the bulletin that measures the wastegate rod play, it's probably excessive. When the shaft gets to much play it can bind occasionally, preventing proper boost control allowing the turbo to make more or less boost than commanded. The ECM is constantly monitoring commanded boost and actual boost pressure and if the 2 deviate to much it'll throw a code.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well took my car to the dealer again and they finally agree that something is up. They however will not touch it as my battery is shot. So I purchased a battery and will need to take it back to the dealer on Monday.

They think I'll need a replacement turbo to remedy the P0299 code and the whistle that I hear is likely a transmission issue.

I love this car, but only 3 years in and I've been to the dealer more than my my last 4 cars combined.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FINALLY! I finally got the dealer to agree that something was wrong with the car and they confirmed that the turbo is shot. The whine was the turbo and so I will be getting a brand new one. It's about freaking time. Been dealing with this since last year sometime.

Well took my car to the dealer again and they finally agree that something is up. They however will not touch it as my battery is shot. So I purchased a battery and will need to take it back to the dealer on Monday.

They think I'll need a replacement turbo to remedy the P0299 code and the whistle that I hear is likely a transmission issue.

I love this car, but only 3 years in and I've been to the dealer more than my my last 4 cars combined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts